Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by lcpteck
I thought Business class fare on OW airline is eligible to go into any OW Lounge?
Originally Posted by Himeno
It is.
Well I stand corrected. Though IMHO, the wording on the Oneworld web site is not clear on this point (it does not explicitly say that access to any Oneworld lounge is allowed):
oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
  • Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.
  • First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
  • Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

Last edited by pandaperth; Dec 2, 2017 at 7:24 pm
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Flying into terminal 1 at 8PM and have a TK flight out of terminal 5 at 920PM......is there enough time to transfer ? Im reading I have to go through TSA (again). It looks like my arrival gate is C17 and my departure gate is M16....will I have to "gun" it? hehe
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:58 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
<deleted>
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:31 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by mrx900
Flying into terminal 1 at 8PM and have a TK flight out of terminal 5 at 920PM......is there enough time to transfer ? Im reading I have to go through TSA (again). It looks like my arrival gate is C17 and my departure gate is M16....will I have to "gun" it? hehe
Presumably this is posted to the wrong board.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
my apologies!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Which OW airlines members offer upgrades (or at least add youto upgrade lists) for Emerald holders (of other airlines).

So far the only time i have received an upgrade was on Cathay Pacific.

I am RJ emerald if the helps.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zbeebo
Which OW airlines members offer upgrades (or at least add you to upgrade lists) for Emerald holders (of other airlines).

So far the only time i have received an upgrade was on Cathay Pacific.

I am RJ emerald if the helps.
Are you wanting/hoping for a free upgrade? That's not going to happen
With non USA airlines always expect to fly on the seat you buy
Upgrade lists are very much a USA airline thing.

Cross airline upgrades (with miles, etc) are not the common
AA/BA/IB have a cross airline upgrade system but requires an expensive base fare.

Some airlines have a upgrade bidding system. that you may or may not be eligbale depending on the ticket t&c's operated by http://www.plusgrade.com/ or equal
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Are you wanting/hoping for a free upgrade? That's not going to happen
With non USA airlines always expect to fly on the seat you buy
Upgrade lists are very much a USA airline thing.

Cross airline upgrades (with miles, etc) are not the common
AA/BA/IB have a cross airline upgrade system but requires an expensive base fare.

Some airlines have a upgrade bidding system. that you may or may not be eligbale depending on the ticket t&c's operated by http://www.plusgrade.com/ or equal

I am reffering to operational upgrades when economy, etc. Is oversold
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Which OW airlines members offer upgrades (or at least add youto upgrade lists) for Emerald holders (of other airlines).
I am reffering to operational upgrades when economy, etc. Is oversold
I think you'll find that AA is probably the only airline to have a published upgrade list that might include OWEs from other airlines.

Other airlines have their own waitlist system for their own members (such as QF) while others keep the methods they use for operational upgrades a closely guarded secret.

Sometimes being OWE may make it more likely you'll get lucky, sometimes it can work against you, and it's awarded to someone with a lower status to 'give them a taste'. Most airlines probably don't operate an upgrade waitlist as such - but if on the day they need to upgrade someone, they look for someone suitable from the whole list of checked in pax, and use whatever criteria it is they use to choose the winner.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Upgrade at airport - cash

I’m potentially flying to DFW next week from LHR, and the ticket will unfortunately be booked in economy. Do AA allow cash upgrades at the airport? If so, is there a rough guide price?

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by mmfraser
I’m potentially flying to DFW next week from LHR, and the ticket will unfortunately be booked in economy. Do AA allow cash upgrades at the airport? If so, is there a rough guide price?

Thanks!
miles + cash is possible, but there is normally a long line of people waiting to be upgrade on AA system wide upgrades, and miles+cash upgrade.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmfraser
I’m potentially flying to DFW next week from LHR, and the ticket will unfortunately be booked in economy.
Do AA allow cash upgrades at the airport? If so, is there a rough guide price?
As above, their will be many hoping/trying/expecting an upgrade (as it way with USA based airlines-ffp's)

An other way:- AA thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...aster-thd.html
There may be an equivalent BA thread

They may accept the full cash fare difference economy & business
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:59 pm

Help about carry on

i need help regarding carry on baggage.

Travel agency bought ticket for me which is a flight from USA to Philippines with HK as layover.

From USA to HK, AA is the carrier
from HK to Philippines, CX is the carrier

i read in CX website that they follow the Most Signifcant Carrier rules regarding baggages, which should be The AA from what I understand.

So it is safe to assume that CX will allow >15lbs carry on luggage(economy)? Since AA allows up to 40lbs of carry on? Due to the Most significant carrier rule?

need expert opinion.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm arriving into GRU with Qatar on one day and departing the following morning with LATAM to SCL. As a oneworld Emerald, will I have access to oneworld lounges in GRU on the evening of arrival into GRU? The oneworld websites suggests yes:

"Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown (exceptions are noted below)."

I won't be clearing Immigration and will remain airside (eventually at the Wyndham transit hotel).
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by danger
I'm arriving into GRU with Qatar on one day and departing the following morning with LATAM to SCL. As a oneworld Emerald, will I have access to oneworld lounges in GRU on the evening of arrival into GRU…?

I won't be clearing Immigration and will remain airside (eventually at the Wyndham transit hotel).
You should be okay due to your status.

Looking at https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/GRU/-1 it doesn't mention connection restrictions for Emerald/Sapphires like it does for F/J pax:

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day
Note that the LA/JJ lounge closes at midnight and the AA at 1am. You might get some funny looks for being there so early but you should be okay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.