Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
It's a quiet part of the forum but a reasonable place to post the question you did.

As Himeno mentioned, you can use any/all of the CX/QF J lounges. They're all pretty good AFAIK, although I've only visited The Wing. You can find a little more info about all the options here on the BA forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19779345-post3.html
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: Baec
Originally Posted by JAXBA
It's a quiet part of the forum but a reasonable place to post the question you did.

As Himeno mentioned, you can use any/all of the CX/QF J lounges. They're all pretty good AFAIK, although I've only visited The Wing. You can find a little more info about all the options here on the BA forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19779345-post3.html
Thanks for your reply.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:20 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Eh? Your question was clearly answered by Himeno. What more can we add? Simply saying "I agree with Himeno" is the sort of clutter that FT doesn't need!
pandaperth likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Simple question: I have an avios return flight to GIG in a few weeks.

Can I get a South America pass for OW flights? if so how roughly much in Ł are the various bands?

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA
I’m flying AA business from DFW to Hkg, then Cathay Pacific economy to Singapore. Will I have access to any lounges during my 4 hr layover? I have no elite status with either airline!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by wyddfa
Simple question: I have an avios return flight to GIG in a few weeks.

Can I get a South America pass for OW flights? if so how roughly much in Ł are the various bands?

Thanks!
Yes
(you are entering and leaving the continent on Oneworld flights, which is one of the requirements

Here are the fare bands (from this thread)
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NICKATREST64
I’m flying AA business from DFW to Hkg, then Cathay Pacific economy to Singapore. Will I have access to any lounges during my 4 hr layover? I have no elite status with either airline!
I believe you will have access to the Business/Sapphire lounges at HKG, including the Bridge and the Cabin lounges, on the basis of arriving on an international flight in J.

Retain your inbound AA J boarding pass as you will need to show it.

The only complication is that I suspect you are on separate tickets, so this is not formally speaking a "connection" between two flights. But I don't think anyone will trouble themselves to check.

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access and scroll to the bottom
NICKATREST64 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Lounge Access @ LAX on November 20?

I've been away from Flyertalk for awhile now...but I recall there was a place where you could enter your "wish list" on a schedule and if someone was in the area that could provide you access to a lounge, then you just might get lucky and have a decent place to wait for your connecting flight. Trouble is, I can't find it (only saw an October calendar with just 3 or 4 entries and I couldn't tell if those were wish lists or people that were going to be there...I'm not even sure if it was what I thought it was anyway).

My husband and I are going to Puerta Vallarta via Southwest Airlines on November 20 with a 3 hour layover in LAX (landing at LAX at 8:50 a.m.). I highly doubt SWA has a lounge (ha!) but I would imagine there is a lounge somewhere near by that is decent.

Sorry for posting this here....I appreciate the "flame free" in the title.

Dawn
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by kymbakitty
I've been away from Flyertalk for awhile now...but I recall there was a place where you could enter your "wish list" on a schedule and if someone was in the area that could provide you access to a lounge, then you just might get lucky and have a decent place to wait for your connecting flight. Trouble is, I can't find it (only saw an October calendar with just 3 or 4 entries and I couldn't tell if those were wish lists or people that were going to be there...I'm not even sure if it was what I thought it was anyway).

My husband and I are going to Puerta Vallarta via Southwest Airlines on November 20 with a 3 hour layover in LAX (landing at LAX at 8:50 a.m.). I highly doubt SWA has a lounge (ha!) but I would imagine there is a lounge somewhere near by that is decent.

Sorry for posting this here....I appreciate the "flame free" in the title.

Dawn
I think what you are looking for is;
Travel Meet-up Thread - 2017

Not sure if you can be guested when flying Southwest, but worth a try.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: Baec
Originally Posted by christep
Eh? Your question was clearly answered by Himeno. What more can we add? Simply saying "I agree with Himeno" is the sort of clutter that FT doesn't need!
Eh? Which part of Himeno's answer stated which lounge is superior? I've looked carefully again and can see no recommendation as to doing a lounge crawl which might be fun given the length of time that I am there. I was sort of hoping to get replies like start in lounge A they have the best champagne, move on to B for a starter of excellent dim sum, C has excellent main courses and wine and end at D as generally that one is the closest to the gate where the BA flights leave from.

But no what do I get? A pointless reply cluttering up the forum complaining about the forum potentially getting cluttered up. The irony of it all.

Last edited by thinkingallowed; Oct 22, 2017 at 8:23 pm
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
Eh? Which part of Himeno's answer stated which lounge is superior? I've looked carefully again and can see no recommendation as to doing a lounge crawl which might be fun given the length of time that I am there. I was sort of hoping to get replies like start in lounge A they have the best champagne, move on to B for a starter of excellent dim sum, C has excellent main courses and wine and end at D as generally that one is the closest to the gate where the BA flights leave from.

But no what do I get? A pointless reply cluttering up the forum complaining about the forum potentially getting cluttered up. The irony of it all.
i believe the first reply said all lounges are similar in HKG.

if you want better lounge, you could probably try gonig to CX F lounge by asking someone to guest you in, or perhaps, using amex credit card for amex lounge.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:04 pm

Need Help to configure

We are planing to take a trip to Spain in April, arrive in Barcelona from SFO and return from Madrid.
Then in fall OCt-Nov to China, start in Beijing from SFO, fly out from Shahngai.
Is there any way ONE WORLD can save and optimize?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:29 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by zibawal
We are planing to take a trip to Spain in April, arrive in Barcelona from SFO and return from Madrid.
Then in fall OCt-Nov to China, start in Beijing from SFO, fly out from Shahngai.
Is there any way ONE WORLD can save and optimize?
I'm moving this to the "newbie" thread for further comments.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEXEC Silver
Question Emirates flight operated by Qantas

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Newbie Lounge is a place where you can get answers to your questions about the oneworld Alliance. No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about oneworld you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here.

We realize that FlyerTalk is a huge place. Until you learn your way around, feel free to post here without fear of retribution or reprimands for not using search. Our volunteer Ambassadors will be monitoring the lounge to assist you in finding your answers.

We're all glad you are here.
Hi there,

I would prefer collecting tier points on BA Executive Club where I have Silver status so far. I need to travel from BUD to MEL again in 2 weeks and though I’d normally choose Qatar for this trip as it is OneWorld, and I can collect Tier points, it is very expensive this time. Emirates on the same route is much cheaper, but it is not Oneworld. However, I found a flight where the 2nd leg from DOH to MEL is operated by Qantas. My travel agency would book through Emirates, I guess. I would not even prefer booking separate tickets.

My question is if I am able to collect BA Tier point on the QF leg of the flight?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by nszbalint
Emirates on the same route is much cheaper, but it is not Oneworld. However, I found a flight where the 2nd leg from DOH to MEL is operated by Qantas. My travel agency would book through Emirates, I guess. I would not even prefer booking separate tickets.

My question is if I am able to collect BA Tier point on the QF leg of the flight?
I believe so (assume you mean DXB to MEL?). The language on the BA site is:

Executive Club Members can collect Avios on the following flights:
  • flights marketed and operated by Qantas or Qantas Airlines affiliates under the QF designated code
  • flights marketed by Qantas but operated by Jetstar booked as oneworld fare in L class only
  • flights marketed by Qantas or Qantas Airlines affiliates and operated by Qantas, a Qantas Affiliate, BA, another oneworld carrier, or another third party under a codeshare agreement
The bolded bits are the important ones for this - if it has a QF code and is operated by EK as a codeshare, you should get credited.

Last edited by typical; Nov 2, 2017 at 11:20 pm Reason: Mixed up QF and QR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.