Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Silver,IC Gold Ambassador, Hyatt Gold, SPG Basic
Originally Posted by nux
Yes you will earn avios and TP's according to the fare class flown.
You can set up a BAEC Household account which allows you to pool your miles. It would make more sense to credit to one program.
Ah great, thanks. I actually asked because I used the calculator on the BA page and it showed ZERO tier points flying from ZRH to NRT with QR. Which I thought was a bit strange.

Are there any real benefits to the household accounts? Especially if there are only 2 people?

oh wow, now I'm a bit confused...check that link:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ing-avios.html

what is the difference between avios tier points and just tier points? complicated...

Last edited by xerobasher; Apr 9, 2014 at 6:41 am
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:45 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by xerobasher
Ah great, thanks. I actually asked because I used the calculator on the BA page and it showed ZERO tier points flying from ZRH to NRT with QR. Which I thought was a bit strange.

Are there any real benefits to the household accounts? Especially if there are only 2 people?

oh wow, now I'm a bit confused...check that link:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ing-avios.html

what is the difference between avios tier points and just tier points? complicated...
You need to enter each flight segment as described on the Avios Calculator page (ZRH-DOH, DOH-NRT): http://www.britishairways.com/travel...r/public/en_gb

A HHA will allow you to pool your avios, you cannot pool Tier Points.

Tier Points are used to qualify for status levels and reset each year. Avios is the mileage currency used to redeem awards. You will earn both avios and TP's, if you reach a set number of TP's in a membership year you will reach a BAEC status (Bronze/Silver/Gold/GGL). Avios earnt can be redeemed for award flights/etc.

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-accounts.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2014-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ad-sticky.html
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Silver,IC Gold Ambassador, Hyatt Gold, SPG Basic
Thank you very much, will read everything carefully.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Silver
airberlin topbonus vs ba excecutive club

Hi

I'm not sure where to put this if I were to post a new thread, so I decided to go safe and post it here.

I am a eurobonus silver member, and due to a misunderstanding when I was booking tickets with a friend, I managed to book a longhaul flight (BGO-LHR-HKG-ICN) on oneworld flights (BA and CX). These are discounted online tickets and non-refundable, so just have to go with it.

But since I recently became a Eurobonus silver member I have been more aware of how to get as much points as possible with as much possibilities to use them as possible.

I did register with BA excecutive club after buying the tickets, but since I am also a topbonus member I am wondering which program will give me the most points? (I have no special status with either). And I don't really expect to do much flying with oneworld except for longhaul flights once a year if the price is better.

So which program should I register with my booking? TIA!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sitrus
I am a eurobonus silver member, and due to a misunderstanding when I was booking tickets with a friend, I managed to book a longhaul flight (BGO-LHR-HKG-ICN) on oneworld flights (BA and CX). These are discounted online tickets and non-refundable, so just have to go with it.

But since I recently became a Eurobonus silver member I have been more aware of how to get as much points as possible with as much possibilities to use them as possible.

I did register with BA excecutive club after buying the tickets, but since I am also a topbonus member I am wondering which program will give me the most points? (I have no special status with either). And I don't really expect to do much flying with oneworld except for longhaul flights once a year if the price is better.

So which program should I register with my booking? TIA!
You need to find the booking class for each flight. Probably a letter in K, M, L, S, N, Q, O or G series (discount economy). Then look at BA & AB web site to check earnings
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...-avios/flights

Be very carefull about miles/avios/points expiry. A small amount of miles/avios/points can be hard to use effectively. For an infrequent flyer its generally better to have 1 ffp. Do you/can you earn points from non flying activity?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
You need to find the booking class for each flight. Probably a letter in K, M, L, S, N, Q, O or G series (discount economy). Then look at BA & AB web site to check earnings
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...-avios/flights

Be very carefull about miles/avios/points expiry. A small amount of miles/avios/points can be hard to use effectively. For an infrequent flyer its generally better to have 1 ffp. Do you/can you earn points from non flying activity?
Thank you for your answer. For some unknown reason we thought CX belonged to star alliance, since I'm a FF with them. It's easy to find my booking classes with BA, but struggling to find my booking classes with CX, since they don't recognize my booking on their website due to a third party booking.... Any tips for finding booking class with CX?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by sitrus
Thank you for your answer. For some unknown reason we thought CX belonged to star alliance, since I'm a FF with them. It's easy to find my booking classes with BA, but struggling to find my booking classes with CX, since they don't recognize my booking on their website due to a third party booking.... Any tips for finding booking class with CX?
Turns out I could find my booking class for all flights on ba's website, so I guess its excecutive club for me as i will earn 100% on BA flights and 25% on CX flights. On topbonus I would have gotten 25% on BA and 0 on CX, too bad BA doesn't match status as Topbonus have been known to do...
Old Apr 13, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: AA
Can someone please tell me how I might go about actually booking and pricing a Circle Pacific Fare on Oneworld? Do I need to go to a travel agent to do this?

Thanks for your help!!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cherielabombe
Can someone please tell me how I might go about actually booking and pricing a Circle Pacific Fare on Oneworld? Do I need to go to a travel agent to do this?
Yes. Travel agent or the airline. You cannot do from the www.oneworld.com web site
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:16 pm

Hi all - I have a ton of US airways dividend miles (380K) that I would like to use on TAM (or any other OW carrier to Brazil) now that they are a part of OW. There is conflicting information on how best to search for award availability. Because TAM is now OW should I be looking on AA.com? Or, should I use the ANA Tool? The ANA Tool show Star Alliance partners so I'm fairly certain this will no longer work, correct?

I need 3 biz or first class seats ORD - South America on December 18th (ish) for 10 days (to return anytime before Jan 4th, 2015.

We're looking to do a Christmas trip to Rio, Manuas, Recife, Fortaleza, etc...

I also have MR (120K) and AA miles (260K). Any suggestions on how best to tackle this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cdnblue
Hi all - I have a ton of US airways dividend miles (380K) that I would like to use on TAM (or any other OW carrier to Brazil) now that they are a part of OW.
With OW there is no single airline web site to check award availibilty. Some folk check on AA, JL, QF & BA at the same time. Can you check directly on TAM? You may need to register a ffp account with these to access the award search engines. Have you tried the ANA tool or expert flyer?

However the chances of you getting 3 business or first class seats at this peak time are very low IMHO. You will need to be flexible with dates & routes. Sugest you split your searchs to 2+1 or 1+1+1. Also AA has one way awards.

Edit:
From AFF (could not find when I wrote above) How To Search For oneworld Award Availability

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 15, 2014 at 5:36 pm
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:10 pm

Hello everyone. This is a British Airways question for those who know about their First Class product. My wife, myself, and my 1 1/2 year old child will all be traveling in November from SFO to LHR on a BA 747-400 in first. Currently we are in seats 5F & 5K. I have been told that being in 5F & 5E might be better with a baby. What is everyone's thoughts on this? I appreciate all of your input and advise. Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by jmr851
Hello everyone. This is a British Airways question for those who know about their First Class product. My wife, myself, and my 1 1/2 year old child will all be traveling in November from SFO to LHR on a BA 747-400 in first. Currently we are in seats 5F & 5K. I have been told that being in 5F & 5E might be better with a baby. What is everyone's thoughts on this? I appreciate all of your input and advise. Thank you in advance.
Since First is 3 levels above my usual travel class, I wanted to post a link to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ies-first.html and I see you already asked there...

I am quite surprised that no one's here to post as First seats are popular theme. Maybe the holidays. But I am sure you will have answer to your question before November
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by jmr851
E and F are adjacent with a partition that can be raised or lowered, so you can kind of reach over to touch the child. But there's shelf space, so it's not all that convenient. Speaking as adults, you can pass something to your SO but hugging would be awkward, if that makes any sense.

F and K are across an aisle which, in First, will not be all a-buzz with traffic so at least when the seatbelt sign is off you can be in full physical contact in a step or two. To walk from E to F you go forward past row 4, which would be equivalent to at least 2 rows in coach. Not a pack-a-lunch trip, but more than a few steps.

The above assumes a 747. 777 isn't as "pointy" since the cockpit is there, but it's the same idea.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:35 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Hi there,

Which of the OW carriers in J is best known for a combination of its catering and IFE?

I ask because I'm curious to check out CX long-haul J, however I'm not much of a fan of Cantonese/Hokkien cooking, save for a few things.

Then, there's JL, which might actually be my favorite airline wrt FAs, but I've never flown with them outside of Y. I certainly like Japanese food, but am not impressed by their (or NH fwiw) IFE.

LA is a third option, and I have no idea about that airline, besides a quick LIM-CUZ hop. I'd only use them because Chilean seafood is tempting, and I've never been to Chile.

Or, any sleeper hits?

Thanks,
BmB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.