Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Please help me to understand the "Oneworld".
I am looking for a return flight from Phuket to Singapore or Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur, (maybe HongKong). Currently I am a Sapphire Member.
I founde some Flights:
Phuket -> Kuala Lumpur operatet by Jetstar = Qantas? (OW Lounge,...?)
Phuket -> HongKong operatet by Dragonair = Cathay Pacific? (OW Lounge,...?)
Phuket -> Bankok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur,... ->Bangkok Airways -> AB Partner = OW Lounge, AB Status benefits,... ?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by ToGo
Please help me to understand the "Oneworld".
I am looking for a return flight from Phuket to Singapore or Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur, (maybe HongKong). Currently I am a Sapphire Member.
I founde some Flights:
Phuket -> Kuala Lumpur operatet by Jetstar = Qantas? (OW Lounge,...?)
Phuket -> HongKong operatet by Dragonair = Cathay Pacific? (OW Lounge,...?)
Phuket -> Bankok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur,... ->Bangkok Airways -> AB Partner = OW Lounge, AB Status benefits,... ?
Of the listed carriers/routes only flying Dragonair (KA) HKT-HKG would grant you lounge access or any oneworld elite benefits.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:31 pm
Suspended

oh sounds bad.
There are a other way to fly to this citys whit an ow carrier?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by ToGo
oh sounds bad.
There are a other way to fly to this citys whit an ow carrier?
Air Berlin has flights Abu Dhabi-Phuket. There are some Europe-Phuket flights. Malaysia Airlines will join oneworld in late 2012 and flies KUL-HKT.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:22 am
Suspended

thx i fly from Europe to Puket whit AB.
This is the last AB flight to Asia.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:58 am

RTW Itinerary for comment

I'm about to book my tickets for:

auh-xhkg-per-mel-lax-xmia-pty-xmia-ord-xmad-fco-amm-auh.

We live in auh - hence start/finish point.

We (wife and I) will spend one month end of May and June doing this trip. Part vacation - part meeting up with friends & family - part going to a wedding.

We have to be in per/mel/pty/ord - other stops are to break the journey (lax) or because we liked the idea (fco).

Any comments on ways in which the route could be improved either to get better price/ more points etc. would be most welcome.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:28 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by DryAsDust
I'm about to book my tickets for:

auh-xhkg-per-mel-lax-xmia-pty-xmia-ord-xmad-fco-amm-auh.

We live in auh - hence start/finish point.

We (wife and I) will spend one month end of May and June doing this trip. Part vacation - part meeting up with friends & family - part going to a wedding.

We have to be in per/mel/pty/ord - other stops are to break the journey (lax) or because we liked the idea (fco).

Any comments on ways in which the route could be improved either to get better price/ more points etc. would be most welcome.
Welcome to FT!

You'll get better advice if you indicate what class of service you're using (economy, business, first) and what FF scheme you use.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Welcome to FT!

You'll get better advice if you indicate what class of service you're using (economy, business, first) and what FF scheme you use.
Thanks Gardyloo.

Class - Economy.

FF - Qantas or Cathay - but prefer Qantas.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I have another question but thought I'd better post in this thread. BTW - thank you for your help on the other sticky ^

I'm planning a RTW LHR-HKG-BNE-MEL-SYD-LAX-SFO-NYC-LHR

I'm looking at a DONE4 Europe, Asia, SW Pacific, US

1 Can I add to the itinerary once booked, say change the LHR-HKG-BNE.... to LHR-HKG-SGN-HKG-BNE.....

2 I'd quite like to add in a trip to DOH and do LHR-DOH-LHR-HKG.... Is there a way to do this without starting in Europe. I have family in France and Holland that I visit regularly anyway so starting there won't be a problem.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by srbrenna
I have another question but thought I'd better post in this thread. BTW - thank you for your help on the other sticky ^

I'm planning a RTW LHR-HKG-BNE-MEL-SYD-LAX-SFO-NYC-LHR

I'm looking at a DONE4 Europe, Asia, SW Pacific, US

1 Can I add to the itinerary once booked, say change the LHR-HKG-BNE.... to LHR-HKG-SGN-HKG-BNE.....

2 I'd quite like to add in a trip to DOH and do LHR-DOH-LHR-HKG.... Is there a way to do this without starting in Europe. I have family in France and Holland that I visit regularly anyway so starting there won't be a problem.
1. Yes. Many of us often reissue tickets after we have begun our journey but you have to pay a fee.
16. VOLUNTARY CHANGES/REROUTING/PENALTIES
Fees as described below may be waived in case of certified death/illness of the passenger or passenger’s immediate family member or accompanying passenger.
Local service fees may apply on rebooking, rerouting, reissue or refund.
(a) Rebooking/Rerouting
(1) Prior to departure
(a) Changes to date/time/oneworld carrier/inventory changes are permitted provided ticketed points remain the same. If the first flight coupon is being changed, and the fare level has increased since ticket issuance, the difference between the old and new fare will be charged. If the fare level has decreased since ticket issuance, no refund will apply.
Exception: For fares originating in TC1, changes to the first international flight and preceeding flights are not permitted less than seven days prior to the date of the first ticketed flight.
(b) Changes other than to Date/time/oneworld carrier/inventory permitted at a charge of USD125.00 per transaction. If the fare level has increased since ticket issuance, the difference between the old and new fare will also be charged. If the fare level has decreased since ticket issuance, no refund will apply.
(2) After Departure
(a) Date/time/oneworld carrier/inventory changes are permitted provided ticketed points remain the same.
(b) Changes other than to Date/time/oneworld carrier/inventory permitted at a charge of USD125.00 per transaction.
(c) No Show requires rebooking at a charge of USD125
(d) If the rerouting results in an increase to the number of continents or extra flight segments previously charged, the ticket shall be recalculated. Ticket may be reissued to any applicable Explorer fare validating all rules of the new fare except for restrictions on retroactive use. Rerouting fee applies when the resulting fare is less than or equal to the original fare. No refund applies. See Upgrading provisions when recalculation results in a new fare basis at a higher value.
2. If you start in LHR you cannot transit through LHR later.
(d) Travel may not be via the point of origin
Also keep in mind:
2. Maximum two stopovers permitted in the continent of origin of which a maximum of one stopover is permitted in each direction in the country of origin.
You should begin familiarizing yourself with the rules:
http://www.oneworld.com/content/libr...2012%20web.pdf
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
1. Yes. Many of us often reissue tickets after we have begun our journey but you have to pay a fee.
Thanks ^

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
2. If you start in LHR you cannot transit through LHR later.

Also keep in mind:

2. Maximum two stopovers permitted in the continent of origin of which a maximum of one stopover is permitted in each direction in the country of origin.
You should begin familiarizing yourself with the rules:
http://www.oneworld.com/content/libr...2012%20web.pdf
So AMS/TLS/BOD - LHR (stopover) - DOH - LHR (stopover) - HKG - SGN - HKG - BNE - MEL - SYD - LAX - NYC - LHR would be fine? Or would I have to end back in AMS/TLS/BOD without a further stopover? I did read somewhere that you could start and finish in different countries?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:17 am

I'm starting to see the light. I think. Starting in Europe does not necessarily give you the opportunity to explore Europe at your leisure before you embark on the rest of your trip?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by srbrenna
So AMS/TLS/BOD - LHR (stopover) - DOH - LHR (stopover) - HKG - SGN - HKG - BNE - MEL - SYD - LAX - NYC - LHR would be fine?
You can't stopover in LHR twice. One of them needs to be a transfer.

Or would I have to end back in AMS/TLS/BOD without a further stopover? I did read somewhere that you could start and finish in different countries?
In this case, no.
(c) Travel may originate at any point for which fares are published and must terminate at the same point, except that origin-destination surface segments are permitted as follows
(a) within the country of origin
(b) within the Middle East
(c) between the United States and Canada
(d) between HKG and China
(e) between Malaysia and SIN
(f) within Africa
(g) between Maldives & Sri Lanka/India
If you start at AMS, you'll need to end at a dutch airport. If you start in France, you need to end anywhere in France.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Himeno
You can't stopover in LHR twice. One of them needs to be a transfer.
The OP is considering a DONEx - which has no restriction on multiple stopovers at the same point
Old Apr 16, 2012, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by pandaperth
The OP is considering a DONEx - which has no restriction on multiple stopovers at the same point
Oooh - is this really the case? I have no problems as the outlaws live in France so could start and finish in TLS and make the most of the European bit as well ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.