Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2020, 3:13 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Is there any OW FFP program that offer elite status qualification period of 2 years? TIA.

LAX
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I'm trying to understand my OW benefits when I fly on a carrier other than the one where I achieved OW Sapphire status.

I am an AA Platinum member. If I want to fly on AS and accrue AS miles in their FF plan, where I have no status, how do I get my OW Sapphire benefits such as priority seating and priority boarding if my AA FF number is not in the AS record?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I am an AA Platinum member. If I want to fly on AS and accrue AS miles in their FF plan, where I have no status, how do I get my OW Sapphire benefits such as priority seating and priority boarding if my AA FF number is not in the AS record?
Put your AA number in your RL until you checkin.
Bring your card for anything else.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I'm trying to understand my OW benefits when I fly on a carrier other than the one where I achieved OW Sapphire status.

You will only get the seating benefit if the AA ffn is in the reservation. Then try to change.
Changing ffn can be problematic. Does not always stick. Could try to change after the benefit received or show a physical card/status on phone.
Finnair AY manage booking is the common way in OW to change ffp in a reservation. QR Qatar may also work. Or ask at the gate-checkin

AA take a dim view on cherry picking status benefits and changing FFN. AS may have the same policy.
From Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)
Earning AAdvantage Miles

"You cannot accrue partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number if you have already used your AAdvantage number to obtain AAdvantage program benefits such as First or Business Class upgrades, baggage fee waivers or complimentary access to Preferred/Main Cabin Extra seats. Additionally, you cannot redeem partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number and obtain AAdvantage program benefits such as priority boarding and access to preferred seats."

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 5, 2021 at 9:04 pm
Old Apr 27, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi. New to Oneworld membership, and new to FT!

I've just made Silver with BA (so sapphire in OW).

If our holiday this year to PUJ goes ahead, according to the Oneworld site there is a lounge at PUJ, but apparently BA J passengers are not able to use it.

Does OW sapphire level get access, or is it just for Finnair passengers regardless? It's a little confusing.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
The thread on the BA board suggests you'd get a voucher and the lounge is tiny. It's from a couple of years ago but probably still accurate.

Punta Cana - Lounge
Old Apr 27, 2021, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
Hi. New to Oneworld membership, and new to FT!
I've just made Silver with BA (so sapphire in OW).
If our holiday this year to PUJ goes ahead, according to the Oneworld site there is a lounge at PUJ, but apparently BA J passengers are not able to use it.
Does OW sapphire level get access, or is it just for Finnair passengers regardless? It's a little confusing.
Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by typical
The thread on the BA board suggests you'd get a voucher and the lounge is tiny. It's from a couple of years ago but probably still accurate.
Punta Cana - Lounge
Looks to be a 3rd party lounge and not an airline operated lounge. Rules can be different.
Finnair AY will be paying for access for their own pax. Other airline choose not to pay
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I am wondering, is it possible in the OneWorld system, one person can check 4 bags for free with a bag system (not a weight system).
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by simonsuo
I am wondering, is it possible in the OneWorld system, one person can check 4 bags for free with a bag system (not a weight system).

from the oneworld site:
"Extra Baggage Allowance

Enjoy extra baggage allowance.*** We also take great care to ensure every part of your trip is handled correctly, including your baggage. Depending on your status, travellers enjoy priority baggage handling from boarding all the way back to the carousel."

I believe that the maximum you would be allowed is 3 per person. I'm not intimate with all program's limits but I don't know of any that allow more than 3.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by simonsuo
Originally Posted by Whodunit68

from the oneworld site:
"Extra Baggage Allowance

Enjoy extra baggage allowance.*** We also take great care to ensure every part of your trip is handled correctly, including your baggage. Depending on your status, travellers enjoy priority baggage handling from boarding all the way back to the carousel."

I believe that the maximum you would be allowed is 3 per person. I'm not intimate with all program's limits but I don't know of any that allow more than 3.
AA allows pax ticketed in First class on 3-cabin aircraft to check 3 bags for free, and so does JL on its TPAC routes. If you are Emerald, you can have an additional free piece, thus 4. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...age-policy.jsp specifically notes,

*Executive Platinum and oneworld® Emerald members traveling in First on 3-cabin aircraft may check a 4th bag at no charge.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
AA allows pax ticketed in First class on 3-cabin aircraft to check 3 bags for free, and so does JL on its TPAC routes. If you are Emerald, you can have an additional free piece, thus 4. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...age-policy.jsp specifically notes,
Nice find, they must add the note recently. I thought AA tops at 3 bags regardless, good to know Flagship First with emerald can check 4 for free. Guess my upgrade needs to be cleared before I check in the bags then.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:29 am

Alaska Lounge Access OneWorld

American Airlines Seattle to DFW for international flight to Rome. All same day travel, business class. American doesn’t have a lounge in Seattle, but Alaska does. I’m a bit confused about if I have access under OneWorld to Alaska’s lounge in Seattle. If the first flight is considered domestic travel - than no access, but is it considered a connecting flight to international travel than yes? I don’t want to be that fool at the Alaska counter holding everyone up. Much thanks for clarification.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by Traveler980
American Airlines Seattle to DFW for international flight to Rome. All same day travel, business class. American doesn’t have a lounge in Seattle, but Alaska does. I’m a bit confused about if I have access under OneWorld to Alaska’s lounge in Seattle. If the first flight is considered domestic travel - than no access, but is it considered a connecting flight to international travel than yes? I don’t want to be that fool at the Alaska counter holding everyone up. Much thanks for clarification.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Traveler980
Yes, you'll have access in SEA based on a oneworld connecting itinerary in international business class. See https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SEA and the policies underneath.

Solely domestic itin: no access. Connecting international itin; access.
LCSinTexas and Traveler980 like this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
I had some fun this weekend researching hypothetical Round The World routes in preparation for a trip to celebrate early retirement in a few years time. This led to a few questions:

My proposed route would be something like LHR>HKG>AKL>NAN>SYD>HNL>LAX>MIA>BGI>LHR in J

1) The Oneworld RTW planner is insisting that the AKL>NAN is routed through SYD rather than the direct Qantas codeshare flight operated by Fiji Airways. Are codeshares excluded from RTW bookings?

2) For most dates I try the BGI>LHR leg is only showing available in Y (on the direct flights, J is available on flights routed via MIA) even though there are free seats in J. Do RTW flights need a specific fare class to be booked in? If so which?

3) given that RTW tickets can be used for trips of up to 12 months in duration, do I have to wait until the final leg is available for booking, or can I book the early legs and add the others when they are released?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.