Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Mar 15, 19, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: None any more
I haven't checked that specific route, but by all reports Cathay is making more flights available to BA Avios than it is to its own FF programme, so if I were you I'd look at flying CX using your Avios.
Old Mar 15, 19, 10:10 am

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Originally Posted by Chris Hawkins View Post
I am a BA Avios hound and am currently on the hunt for reward seats to Adelaide as family have recently moved out there. From my initial searches, BA looks a nightmare for seats on this route. So my question is do you think this route is achievable on BA or do I switch loyalty to another airline.
Hi Chris, welcome to FT!

With BA Avios, you can book award flights to Adelaide on BA and QF nonstop to Australia and then connect on QF to get to ADL. Or BA, QF, IB, AY, CX and QR with connections elsewhere. Potentially also BA, AA, IB, or AY to the U.S. and then QF or AA from there. You can search all of these on the BA web site, although for best results you should search flight by flight rather than end to end. You can also get an ExpertFlyer subscription and search for and set alerts for award space on QF and AA. The QF web site can also be used for award searches, which gives you a month at a time view.
Old Mar 15, 19, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chris Hawkins Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by Chris Hawkins View Post
I have been doing the points thing for a fair few years on my own and have only just discovered how huge the community is online! So hello
I am a BA Avios hound and am currently on the hunt for reward seats to Adelaide as family have recently moved out there. From my initial searches, BA looks a nightmare for seats on this route. So my question is do you think this route is achievable on BA or do I switch loyalty to another airline.
What class of travel and how many seats?
When do you want to travel?
Awards start to become available 355/330 days out depending on the airline.

As posts above many options. As BA fly LHR-SIN-SYD BAEC may preference awards on own aircraft to SYD and then QF SYD-ADL.

Air Sydney (sometimes know as Qantas) does not support international flights from ADL. They steer you via SYD and maybe MEL or perhaps PER. (QF10 flys LHR-PER-MEL). QF IT favours flights to SYD and then Au domestic flights by a big margin. Even when other better options are possible.

But Oneworld airlines Qatar QR, Cathay Pacific CX & Malaysia Airlines MH do fly to ADL. You can use BA avios for awards on those airlines subject to availability. You do not need to depart only from LHR. Other UK airports are possible. QR fly from Cardiff.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide_Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_Airport
Routes http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=CWL-DOH...L&MS=wls&DU=mi

BA forum--->Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition

I would not be changing to a different ffp. Long haul awards can be hard with any airline/frequent flyer program.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 15, 19 at 3:14 pm Reason: added routes
Old Yesterday, 10:36 am

No access

Originally Posted by PAXXY View Post
Hi!

I am still confused what lounges I will be allowed to enter with my oneworld Sapphire status. I will be arriving HKG at around 1 am and according to oneworld.com the only lounge that is open during that time of the day is the „Plaza Premium“.

Am I allowed to enter the Plaza Premium leaving on a Cathay Economy Ticket with OW Sapphire?

Thanks for your help

Pax xy
According to OW Plaza Premium in HKG is only when flying certain OW Airlines. So on a Cathay Ticket I was denied access to Plaza Premium and Bauhina Lounge as expected.