Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:27 am

BA Terrace Lounge hours at BOS

I searched for quite a time on FT but need some help please...

We're flying J BOS-NRT on JL. The flight leaves sometime around 1300 hours.

The One World website shows the Bristish Airways Terrace Lounge open 24 hours but then has a note with limited hours (sorry, no screen shot but here's a quote):

Opening Hours: Daily: 24 Hours
Note: Open Daily: 05:15-08:15 16:00-22:45

I don't have OW status but would like to start this trip with business lounge access.

Is the BA Terrace Lounge in Terminal E at BOS open between 0815 and 1600 hours?

Thanks much!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
It doesn't seem to be NotJustDreaming. I thought I'd read something about it being open for JL but can't find it. The BA forum dashboard lounge database shows the same hours and the JL forum doesn't have anything. Sorry.

Hopefully we're wrong. Will you let us know what you experience?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:26 pm
Ybk

Using BA status on a CX ticket to get access to the Hong Kong Quantas Lounge

Hi

Quick question on using oneworld memberships across the carriers.

I'm travelling CX economy to Hanoi and the ticket is on my Marco Polo which is currently green (nearly at Silver hence using it). For reference while it is a CX coded flight it is operated by Cathay Dragon.

I do however have BA Silver which means I also have oneworld Sapphire. Having read the access requirements on the Quantas site (link below) I just want to make sure I can obtain access for my partner and I.

http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...unge/global/en

Sapphire
Next onward flight that day must be on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#
One guest allowed and must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#

So in my head;
Both my partner and I are on a oneworld operated and marketed flight (CX and Cathay Dragon)
I have BA silver (and therefore Sapphire) however it is not against this CX flight

Therefore we can gain entry, or am I going to look silly at the reception?

Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: BA; Virgin
First post! Air Lingus/BA points

Hi everyone! My very first post, so exciting to discover a whole new world.

So I'm going to take the thread at its word: no stupid quesions...?

It seems I've been bumbling through my flying life completely clueless based on what I've been reading on this site. I've got to start somewhere though so I'm focusing on the airline I usually fly most, BA.

I've discovered on the ba.com website that a flight from LHR to LAX in business is cheaper if routed through Dublin. I've had a look at the sticky on earning Avios, and am wondering if I've understood correctly:

If I book through ba.com, but the transatlantic portion is on Air Lingus, I'll get some points, but not as many as if I chose the flight using BA (a bit more expensive) all the way, right?

Thank you so much for all your input!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 8:45 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by bouldermonkey
Hi everyone! My very first post, so exciting to discover a whole new world.

So I'm going to take the thread at its word: no stupid quesions...?

It seems I've been bumbling through my flying life completely clueless based on what I've been reading on this site. I've got to start somewhere though so I'm focusing on the airline I usually fly most, BA.

I've discovered on the ba.com website that a flight from LHR to LAX in business is cheaper if routed through Dublin. I've had a look at the sticky on earning Avios, and am wondering if I've understood correctly:

If I book through ba.com, but the transatlantic portion is on Air Lingus, I'll get some points, but not as many as if I chose the flight using BA (a bit more expensive) all the way, right?

Thank you so much for all your input!
Welcome!

It will depend on the flight code and numbering. If you book through BA and the flight from DUB to LAX carries a BA flight number (code-share) even though it's operated by Aer Lingus, then you'll get full BA mileage credit (Avios) and elite-qualifying Tier Points just as if you were flying on BA operated flights all the way. If DUB-LAX carries an EI flight number, then you'll get fewer Avios and no tier points. Read all about it here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...-avios/flights

Part of the savings in routing through Dublin comes from a lower UK air passenger duty (departure tax) since your first segment (LHR-DUB) is short-haul. In business class the long-haul APD is £142; for short haul £26. You'll also pre-clear US border controls in Dublin, which really expedites your arrival in the US.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: BA; Virgin
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Welcome!

It will depend on the flight code and numbering. If you book through BA and the flight from DUB to LAX carries a BA flight number (code-share) even though it's operated by Aer Lingus, then you'll get full BA mileage credit (Avios) and elite-qualifying Tier Points just as if you were flying on BA operated flights all the way. If DUB-LAX carries an EI flight number, then you'll get fewer Avios and no tier points. Read all about it here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...-avios/flights

Part of the savings in routing through Dublin comes from a lower UK air passenger duty (departure tax) since your first segment (LHR-DUB) is short-haul. In business class the long-haul APD is £142; for short haul £26. You'll also pre-clear US border controls in Dublin, which really expedites your arrival in the US.
Thank you!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:11 am
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Fast Track @ NRT T2?

Hi Guys,

I am OW Sapphire, and will be traveling through NRT this week. I won't be flying on an OW carrier, however. I wonder if I can still use fast track immigration using my Sap status? Will my travel companion (1x) also be honored?

Tried to search on the forum and thread but didn't manage to find similar discussions. I apologize first if there is and I just missed it. And thanks so much for your sharing experiences and help!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA
It doesn't seem to be NotJustDreaming. I thought I'd read something about it being open for JL but can't find it. The BA forum dashboard lounge database shows the same hours and the JL forum doesn't have anything. Sorry.

Hopefully we're wrong. Will you let us know what you experience?
Thanks Jaxba,
Will do.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Not quite. That would only be the case if spending 24+ hours in Dublin or changing tickets. APD treats connections ex UK the same as direct.
DUB-xLHR-LAX - no APD
LHR-xDUB-LAX - same APD as LHR-LAX
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA, AS, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Hi Guys! So I have an upcoming trip on QR from IAH-DOH-DEL in T and return in O.

I was wondering what FF program I should credit this too. I have a few trips from IAH-CDG and YYZ planned for the future.
Just incase those also happen to be on a OW airline, I want to make sure I credit this first flight right.
What FF program would be good considering, if I reach some status level (realistically the lowest tier) benefits that can be used on AA, since I catch myself on a short flight or two every year or so.
AND the low number of miles would atleast be useful for a one-way domestic coach.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by itsG
Hi Guys! So I have an upcoming trip on QR from IAH-DOH-DEL in T and return in O.

I was wondering what FF program I should credit this too. I have a few trips from IAH-CDG and YYZ planned for the future.
Just in case those also happen to be on a OW airline, I want to make sure I credit this first flight right.

What FF program would be good considering, if I reach some status level (realistically the lowest tier) benefits that can be used on AA, since I catch myself on a short flight or two every year or so.

AND the low number of miles would at least be useful for a one-way domestic coach.
As you live in USA AA is the obvious choice
Status is unlikely with any airline/ffp

www.wheretocredit.com/qr

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...aster-thd.html
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:12 am

Upcoming mileage outlook

Hi Everyone,

I have the following upcoming flight in march; CBR-SYD-LAX-JFK-SFO-LAX-SYD-CBR (CBR-SYD Flights with QF and the rest with AA) All in O class.
In lieu of qantas next week changing the AA earnings and SC's I am looking for the best FF program to credit these flights to as QFF will be pathetic at this stage. I have done some research and discovered with these flights i would reach AY Silver. I was also thinking of doing the AA challenge but as they don't have a mileage calculator ( that i can find) i do not know if it would be worth spending the money. So to summarise the questions i need help with are as follows:

- is the AY silver worth the trouble?
- would i make the AA status challenges?
- what is the best FFP to credit these flights to? in regards to tiers not points.
- I am Gold with TK does anybody know of any current status matches for australians? (Cant do AB)

I generally travel overseas, long haul at least one a year with a few personal qantas flights domestically and a few virgin australia flights a year for work.

Thank you so much in advance and kind regards
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sonar671
I have the following upcoming flight in March; CBR-SYD-LAX-JFK-SFO-LAX-SYD-CBR (CBR-SYD Flights with QF and the rest with AA) All in O class.

In lieu of Qantas next week changing the AA earnings and SC's I am looking for the best FF program to credit these flights to as QFF will be pathetic at this stage. I have done some research and discovered with these flights I would reach AY Silver. I was also thinking of doing the AA challenge but as they don't have a mileage calculator (that I can find) I do not know if it would be worth spending the money. So to summarise the questions I need help with are as follows:
- is the AY silver worth the trouble?
- would I make the AA status challenges?
- what is the best FFP to credit these flights to? In regards to tiers not points.
- I am Gold with TK does anybody know of any current status matches for Australians? (Cant do AB)

I generally travel overseas, long haul at least one a year with a few personal Qantas flights domestically and a few Virgin Australia flights a year for work.
Why AY?
Will you ever fly AY? Do they give status earning on AA-QF flights? Do they have an own segment rule for status (as do QF BA and others)? What would you do with AY miles/points? Have you looked at AY award cost? What benefits do you expect from status? (more so if you do not fly AY)

Would be better to join AA, if you are flying AA
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...challenge.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html

The grass in not always greener on the other side
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AA
Hi, thanks to the AA mods they have already answered part of my query. Anyway I am planning Man-Bne-Syd-Bne-Man on Cathay. This will either be on one PNR or purchase the Bne-Syd return direct through Qantas. My query is as I understand as a OW Emerald I will benefit from the privileges when travelling international. As the Bne-Syd-Bne travel is days after arriving in Oz will I have the privileges when travelling domestic? The main privilege for us on domestic will be lounge access. Plus is it better to purchase all flights on same ticket or is there no difference?
Thanks
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
As a OW Emerald you get lounge access when travelling on any OW airline at any time (except as a AA EXP when travelling AA domestic). You will get those benefits however you book your travel.

The benefits for domestic flights when travelling internationally relate to domestic flights which are same day connections to or from your international flights. With a gap of some days you will not get benefits on that basis regardless of whether you book one ticket or two.

So in summary, book whatever is cheapest. You get access to QF lounges for your BNE-SYD-BNE flights as a OW Emerald in any case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.