Search

Anyone been to Daylesford, VIC?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Anyone been to Daylesford, VIC?

I keep seeing this Victorian tourism commercial, about Daylesford, although it's suitably abstract for those super-sophisticated Euro types down South. I'm confused in the ad Daylesford seems to be like some sort of enchanting step back into the past where you wash away your sins. But then looking on the internet it seems to just be anytown Australia. Although I see it has mineral springs. Has anyone actually visited Daylesford and if so, how true is the commercial to reality?

Here's the commercial.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 12:26 pm
tt7

It's the spa capital of VIC. Certainly a nice place for a weekend. Depending on how up market you want to go, try the Lake House or Peppers in Hepburn Springs. We've stayed in Hepburn Springs (in a B&B) just down the road from Peppers and had dinner in their Deco restaurant, which was excellent.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Daylesford is as expensive or cheap as you want it to be. The commercial probably isn't too far from the truth.

I went there a few years ago and stayed at Shizuka Ryokan (http://www.shizuka.com.au/). Outside of the resorts, it is like any other country town.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I had no idea, I'll have to check it out next time I'm in MEL!
Old Aug 25, 2009, 9:58 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Also quite good are Malmsford and Taradale which are a few miles NE of Daylesford and closer to Melbourne. Some quite good artist studios and wineries are mixed in with the mineral springs and quite beautiful scenery. Less than an hour from MEL (airport), in fact not much longer than going to the CBD despite the greater distance.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 4:38 am
tt7

If you do go, the Convent is well worth a visit.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by bensyd
for those super-sophisticated Euro types down South.
Here's the commercial.
...you say the nicest things, you're such a smooth talker
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKROP
...you say the nicest things, you're such a smooth talker
That's what all the girls say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.