Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Driving through the Outback?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:06 am

About the only thing I can add to the excellent advice received above is that if you're thinking of getting off-road go into the local police station and firstly ask them about conditions. They'll know because they have to do long range patrols. If they say it's OK to go tell them where and when you expect to arrive. The police not only don't mind you doing this, they encourage it.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, AA PLT, BD *G
Thanks so much for all of this great advice! Now that I know this is in fact doable, I'm in the process of collecting information and reading up on as much as I can. In addition to the sites mentioned already I also found www.kimberleyaustralia.com which has some useful information (but is unfortunately formatted to look like a get-rich-quick scheme).

My research for this trip will need to take a break for a few days since Hurricane Bill is about to pay BDA a visit. But I'll be back with an idea of my plans once I can flesh them out (and get electricity back).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.