trips from Brisbane

Old Jan 25, 2009, 8:17 am
Original Poster

trips from Brisbane

I am staying with a friend in Brisbane for 142days and want to do trips away overnight, any good resorts or fly trips to the interior from there? I am with my 11yr old son and I am not good at trekking!
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
What are you interested in? For such a long stay perhaps you could (also) visit some of the islands - a few have flights from Brisbane including Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Nauru, Fiji, etc. NZ can also be cheap to get to from BNE with BI (Royal Brunei), EK (Emirates), DJ (Virgin Blue/Pacific Blue), NZ (Air NZ), QF (Qantas), JQ (Jetstar) all flying the route(s).
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:35 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
142 Days leaves you so much that you could do. Australia and the general Asia/Pacific region has lots to offer

What interests you and your son?

Do you want something active (eg Bungee Jumping, Kayaking, Mountain Bike Riding, Mountain Claiming) or do you want something sedate (a nice retreat with activities to keep the little tacker amused) or a combination of both.

Seeing as you're bringing your son with you, whatever your interests, make sure you visit the War Memorial in Canberra, the Cadbury Factory in Claremont (or ... I believe ... Christchurch, NZ), and take a trip out to Ularu or The Olgas. Head to Longreach to the Stockmans Hall of Fame and the Qantas Founders Museum.

There's heaps to do. Qld is very Tourism Patriotic, and in fact we offer 3 shows on local TV each week with things to do in and around Qld. Check out The Great Southeast's website for info.

Tell us a bit more about your plans, you, and your son, your budget, and we're sure to give you lots of info.

Last edited by dannyr; Jan 26, 2009 at 11:39 pm Reason: More info
Old Jan 27, 2009, 2:11 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
From a previous thread, I believe that was supposed to be 14 days. Plans can change, of course.

I actually have a perfect itinerary for 143 days, oh well...

Seriously, I think you can easily spend 2 weeks just in QLD. You can go up to Far North Queensland (FNQ) for the Great Barrier Reef. You can spend a day or 2 at the theme parks between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, and of course, head to the Gold Coast or maybe the Sunshine Coast...
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:09 am
Original Poster

yes, the typing skills are a bit shaky and not checking. 14 days is all the time I have.
thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 1:37 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
If you just want to get out of the city for a day or two, I would recommend Lamington National Park. O'Reilly's is beautiful and has some resident wild parrots that fly in for handouts from tourists and some very easy rainforest walks and a canopy bridge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.