PPE Tahiti Airport Question

Old Aug 9, 2007, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
PPE Tahiti Airport Question

Is there a place to store luggage at the PPE airport?

My wife and I arrive on a flight from LAX at 5:30am. We're spending the night on Moorea. I was thinking it might be fun to check out the market since it opens early in the morning. We'd then spend the rest of the day in Papete and return to the airport to fly to Moorea for the night.

If we can't store our bags then it makes it difficult.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is an attended storage facility outside the terminal to the left of the parking lot. I am not sure when it opens in the morning though.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:16 am

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
When you walk out of arrivals walk left past a few shops, then cross the road to the carpark before you leave the arrivals area (departures is next). Opens at 5am every morning except Mon when it opens at 4am.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by BigBopper
Is there a place to store luggage at the PPE airport?

My wife and I arrive on a flight from LAX at 5:30am. We're spending the night on Moorea. I was thinking it might be fun to check out the market since it opens early in the morning. We'd then spend the rest of the day in Papete and return to the airport to fly to Moorea for the night.

If we can't store our bags then it makes it difficult.
Not sure where you are staying etc, but if you plan on going into Papeete, then why not just take the short ride from the port over to Moorea

Not to scare you or anything, but an Air Moorea flight just went down with 14 on board today
Old Aug 10, 2007, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Thank you all for the help.

Eireman,
I would prefer to take the ferry as I love rides like that. However, if we leave our bags at the airport then we have to return to the airport to pick them up and then go to the ferry. Seems like a hassel. Plus, my wife would prefer to fly and the bottom line is if the wife is happy, then it's a good trip.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 6:37 am

Programs: SVO, SPG Gold, AAdvantage, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by BigBopper
Thank you all for the help.

Eireman,
I would prefer to take the ferry as I love rides like that. However, if we leave our bags at the airport then we have to return to the airport to pick them up and then go to the ferry. Seems like a hassel. Plus, my wife would prefer to fly and the bottom line is if the wife is happy, then it's a good trip.
Your wife must know my wife!!
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:28 am

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
Here's an info page (accessible from the ATN website) on PPT luggage storage:

http://www.airtahitinui-usa.com/Airp...ageinfoPPT.htm

This schedule makes it look like it's open for that long stretch but our experience is that it is not. It seems to close and open throughout the day, always opening up a couple of hours before international flights out. You'd want to check to be sure when you would be able to retrieve your luggage when you need to.

You might want to search the Tahiti Explorer Tahiti Travel Forum for more information about this as many people ask about it regularly and are answered by those with recent experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.