Wiki Posts
Search

Not a good choice to go in Brisbane

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 1:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thumbs down Not a good choice to go in Brisbane

Went to Michael`s and was very disappointed.
We ordered lunch platter for two. It was supposed to be filet (the only type of meat my SO eats) with veggies and chips.
The meat was crap. The rest looked like some kids wooden bricks to play with, very chunky.
We complained and were told that "the filet during lunch is not the one during dinner". Do you like anything else??"
I had them take away this "insult to filet" and ordered the seafood platter instead.
A very good choice, any other place would be capable to prepare that, too.
At the end she asked if anything else and we declined as my SO just wanted to get out and as far away from the arrogant and incompetent staff.
The check came and $ 30, 00 were charged for food we didn`t eat. Asked for the manager who didn`t care to come and was told that" you pay this no matter what you say". As a non-local I did to avoid giving my SO further inconvenience. Well, she then wanted to give us free coffee or pralines after having my Centurion card in the hands. I declined.

In short, this place is way over rated and not worth the money. BTW I know what I am talking about as I have shares in a few restaurants which have high Gault Millau or Michelin status.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 5:03 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
Went to Michael`s and was very disappointed.
We ordered lunch platter for two. It was supposed to be filet (the only type of meat my SO eats) with veggies and chips.

Well, she then wanted to give us free coffee or pralines after having my Centurion card in the hands. I declined.

In short, this place is way over rated and not worth the money. BTW I know what I am talking about as I have shares in a few restaurants which have high Gault Millau or Michelin status.
Did you check how long the meal took by glancing at your Rolex watch?

I must remember to avoid driving there in my Mercedes-Benz and paying with my Citibank Platinum Visa or CBA Platinum Mastercard.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 7:37 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
Deleted catty post.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 8:51 pm

Programs: Ex UA PremEx
You expect gourmet food from a place that charged 30 bucks for two?

I think it's your expectations that may need changing

BTW..just out of curiosity..what was the point in you mentioning your centurion card?

Now I am thinkng maybe the OP was meant tongue in cheek.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Originally Posted by Feebster
BTW..just out of curiosity..what was the point in you mentioning your centurion card?
I read it as the wait staff recognized the missed opportunity for a big tip and was slipping the freebees in at the end to try and save said tip.

I’m surprised this wasn’t read this way by others.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:16 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
We're a pretty cynical lot around here......I'm surprised I was first in with a cheap shot.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 1:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

NO Rolex here at all.
They charged the 30.00 for the so called filet which we didn`t eat at all. I hhave never had this happen anywhere but there.
The total bill was around 150.00 for the seafoodplatter and the wine with it.
Normally if a customer complains at places with such a "reputation" the manager would be apologetic and offer some "compensation" in form of coffe / free desert.
Neither was done.
The Centurion I just pulled out to see how they would react seeing that one. It`s disgusting to see how people treat others based on so called status symbols.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
The Centurion I just pulled out to see how they would react seeing that one. It`s disgusting to see how people treat others based on so called status symbols.
If it disgusts you don't pull it out then...
Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:40 pm

I find others get disgusted when I pull it out.......oh, that's right, we're talking about credit cards. (Boom Boom!)

Where's a Basil Brush emoticon when you need one??????
Old Jul 19, 2007, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Who thought whipping out a Centurion could cause such hilarity.
Cheers everyone; I hope Swiss Toni has better luck in future fine dining visits.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by BiziBB
Cheers everyone; I hope Swiss Toni has better luck in future fine dining visits.
And by Swiss Toni you do of course mean SwissCircle
Old Jul 21, 2007, 2:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

And SwissCircle is not SwissToni.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
the arrogant and incompetent staff.

BTW I know what I am talking about as I have shares in a few restaurants which have high Gault Millau or Michelin status.
As a former restaurant server of European tourists, I find that they are often the arrogant ones. If I had to make a guess from the tone of your post, I would have to guess that this is the case with you as well. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm just going off of what you have written in your post (bragging about special credit cards and shares in restaurants, and the "insult to filet" and "the only type of meat my SO eats" comments).
Old Jul 21, 2007, 4:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

At what point am I arrogant?
That I think paying for inedible food, that was not the kind of quality one might expect is not right? Expecting a filet to be a filet; that´s arrogant??
In saying that, do you even know what fine dining or even lunch at this level restaurants is about?
If you think that having certain expectations if eating at places with a so-called reputation and then being unhappy if those were not met is arrogant, I don`t know whom you ave catered to.
If you would have worked at a place which entertains fine dining you would not think that.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Dudemon
I read it as the wait staff recognized the missed opportunity for a big tip and was slipping the freebees in at the end to try and save said tip.

I’m surprised this wasn’t read this way by others.

They tip there???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.