Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Australian ETA Visa application*

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2007, 3:10 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
^^A million thanks to Guy Betsy for his incredibly quick completion of our ETA visas. I swear that I had just hit the "send" button with the information to him, and the completed visas were returned within seconds. If only government offices could work that fast!

Donations are on the way to the Deutsche Brustkrebs (German Breast Cancer Association) and the Kinderkrebshilfe (Children's Cancer Help).

Thanks again!
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:43 pm
ctk

Me too! Thanks so much for giving me and my kids the ETA visas and saved me time and some money which I have donated to SPCA.

Cheers!
Old Nov 7, 2007, 2:16 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Thanks for the quick turnaround^ Have donated 30Euros to the WWF (for the animals not the wrestlers...) which is 65% tax deductible
Old Nov 13, 2007, 3:18 pm
KRS

Thanks Guy Betsy!

(GBP15 donated to UNICEF)
Old Nov 15, 2007, 12:11 pm

Guy Betsy-How do I PM you about getting Visas?

I looked for a PM link but I couldn't find it
Old Nov 15, 2007, 1:06 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by rsail203
I looked for a PM link but I couldn't find it
Have you clicked on his name?
Old Nov 15, 2007, 3:04 pm

Thank You LRD

I'm new here and I appreciate you're giving me that info. I've PM'd him
Old Nov 15, 2007, 9:05 pm

Passing it forward

In exchange for the Australian visa, I plan to pass forward a donation to Disabled American Veterans.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:54 pm

If I get a student visa, can I enter Australia about 2.5 weeks before I start classes to travel?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
ETA "pass it down"

Over 2 months have passed since I got my ETA. Once a week or so I still eat at the local Pakistani-run truckie stop and put money into the "poor box". What goes around comes around.. Thanks Guybetsy :-)
Old Jan 23, 2008, 4:22 am

Programs: AA Platium
Your help in this matter would be great. AA wants to charge me $25 for each visa ( we need 2). I will pass it forward to Dr. Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International (DFGFI). We will be traveling to Hong Kong Feb 4 and then on to Australia on Feb 11. Please advise how to proceed. Thank you.

We got our visas yesterday and another baby gorilla as been adopted.
Thank you again.

Last edited by ceko; Jan 26, 2008 at 1:39 pm
Old Jan 28, 2008, 8:59 pm

Providing food to homeless.

My fiancee and I make a habit of providing food the homeless people in our surrounding neighborhood. Sometimes we bring them a full meal, others it may be take-away from a restaurant or a party tray.

This Sunday is the Super Bowl. Millions of people will gather with their friends and partake of food and drink, but the homeless will have no such opportunity to indulge.

In order to "Pass it Forward" like Guy Betsy, we pledge to take food and drink to all of our local homeless this Sunday so that they can indulge like the rest of us.

Fantastic idea, Guy! Thank You! flandis
Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Thank you Guy Betsy for this great idea. I'm enjoying reading the various ways people are contributing.

My pass it forward will be to double what I'm doing now, and continue it for at the entire year. Every time I go to the grocery store I buy an extra few bags of food for refugees resettling in San Diego. I get enjoyment from actually selecting the items and imagining them making supper, feeding their children etc. Much more emotionally rewarding than a one-time gift of cash, however large. It's important to me that this is a local one-on-one effort, despite being part of a large organization.

A friend's wife works for The International Rescue Committee, a nonprofit that, among other things, resettles refugees throughout various areas. Having a personal connection to a woman who goes into their homes with the food and teaches them how to prepare it is invaluable. http://www.theirc.org/ Here is what her husband told us:

The folks who will be receiving your food donations are "fresh off the boat," or plane, and they come here with nothing. One of my wife's insights has been to realize how poorly prepared for Western food culture are these folks coming from Burma, Iraq, Burundi, Somalia, Sudan and other war-ravaged countries. Often they are coming here after long (decades-long, in some cases) stays at refugee camps, where they learn to eat what comes out of the big burlap sacks delivered by nongovernmental organizations. Before that, they often existed as subsistence farmers with a very local diet.

After years of hoping and working hard to earn refugee status to gain entry to the U.S., these folks show up and face an incredible host of challenges. They have to quickly hustle to find work, while learning the language, getting their kids into school, adjusting to a very different culture and navigating government agencies and errands without benefit of a car, usually. They are eligible for meager, and quite temporary, financial assistance, but in this expensive area, it doesn't go far at all.

And they are pretty much at a loss when it comes to our supermarkets, and our food. In home visits, my wife has found empty refrigerators, or cupboards with only junk food. She has committed to educating these refugees how to eat healthily and shop wisely. Your donations will help these folks, who come here after often nightmarish ordeals in their home countries and refugee camps, get off to a much healthier start in their adopted home. Any food you donate will be on a kitchen shelf within days.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:57 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Got the Visa .Thank you so much GuyBetsy.

Just the phrase Pay It Forward, which I'd forgotten, has me doing it more often. A friend just tried to split the cost of something with me that I did as a favor to her. Glad I had the pay it forward phrase fresh in my mind.

I'm also continuing with my pledge to buy food regularly for the International Rescue Committee.

Thanks again,

Pat, aka lili
Old Feb 14, 2008, 6:46 am

help need visas for military guys on leave

pleas advise how i can contact you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.