Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Australian ETA Visa application*

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2009, 11:30 pm

Thank you Guy Betsy!

The generosity has spread!
I have donated to the church in my locality for their projects.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Thank you!

I will be making a donation (2x the amount of the visa) to the World Wildlife Fund and designating my donation to the rehabilitation of animals that were affected by the Australian wildfires.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Thank You

Thank You Guy Betsy for your generosity. I will be donating to the Food Ministry at my church, they sponsor community meals at a local church in a poverty stricken community of SD. I will be joining them for the meal as well for the interaction time.

sdcarver
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: No Longer Anything
What a wonderful idea! I love hearing people give to some of my favorite organizations, as well as ones I haven't heard of and will be looking into.

I'm sending a PM, Guy, with my request. I will give an additional donation to Friends of Maiti Nepal.

Thanks very much.

Edit: my +1 is giving an additional donation to a small local charity that his doctor participates in, going to Central American countries a couple times of year to help at remote clinics, bring supplies, and perform minor procedures.

Last edited by JenGal; May 1, 2009 at 3:34 am Reason: add +1 donation
Old May 1, 2009, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Thanks so much for this great offer.

I made a donation to SHARE, the Society for Human Advancement through Rehabilitation Engineering (a contorted name probably contrived for a good acronym). They adapt and develop computer hardware and software to help disabled people live fuller lives.

For more information I encourage folks to visit http://www.share.umassd.edu or phone +1 508 999-8482.

Last edited by Efrem; May 5, 2009 at 10:30 am Reason: Change "I'll make" in the original post to "I made"
Old May 2, 2009, 8:16 pm

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Thank you Guy Betsy!

I will pay this forward by buying underwear for all of the kids at the Future Hope School in Kolkata, India.

This charity provides a home and an education for orphaned street and station children. You can find out more at www.futurehope.net
Old May 3, 2009, 10:23 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Hi Guy,

Thank you for your generosity in doing this for everyone. I really like the way your kindness is being amplified by all the good works and deeds of our fellow travelers.

I am honoring your benevolence by donating $200 to an organization that offers special meals during holidays to older people that don't have family, friends or the resources to celebrate those days. I think that those people are a 'forgotten' part of our population in the US and I admire this organization for its low-cost approach to providing as much as it can to those elders. I normally assist this organization around our Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays, but I will make an additional donation this year to help with the celebration of the US Independence Day.

If you are curious, here is pointer to their web site:
http://www.goldenyearsinc.org/index.html

Namaste,

Brian
Old May 4, 2009, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank You!

We will add the equivalent amount to our regular donation to the WPBT, the Miami area Public Broadcasting Service station.

2 weeks ago the Miami station had to lay off 23 employees out of 150 as a result of 20% lower revenues in the past 9 months in this difficult time. Despite the 15% reduction of staffing, the station will maintain the current programming, with remaining staffers share more workload.
Old May 5, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP,Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold, Starbucks Gold card
Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for this awesome service to travelers.
On your behalf, a generous "pay it forward" will be given to my Relay for Life team.
Old May 9, 2009, 4:46 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Thanks to chewy3 for the ETA Visa! Will pay it forward to the St. Anthony's Foundation. http://www.stanthonysf.org/home.html
Old May 11, 2009, 2:36 pm

Australia Free ETA Visa

Guy Betsy

Thank you for processing Australian Free ETA Visas for my family.

We are paying it forward by donating to our church homeless program.

Scarab
Old May 13, 2009, 4:56 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you so much. I am making a donation to Lutheran World Relief for the displaced people in Sri Lanka.
Old May 17, 2009, 8:13 pm

Thank you Guy Betsy

We have “Paid it Forward” to the Hearing Loss Association of America, which is an information, education, advocacy and support group for people with hearing loss. See http://hearingloss.org

Michael Sr. & Michael Jr.
Old May 18, 2009, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
Paying It Forward

Making another Kiva loan under the banner of the Flyertalk loan team!

Update - Here are my loan details:

Sin Sopheap - Cambodia
To earn a living, she makes and sells food in the local market. On average, she is able to make US $20 per day. Her husband works at an electricity company and makes around US $4 each day. All of their children are in school.

Sin is asking for a loan of US $1000 to purchase a motorbike for her family transportation to reduce the family's daily expenses. With this purchase the family believes that it can increase its income and raise the standard of living for the whole family.

Last edited by OnAMileHigh; May 18, 2009 at 6:24 pm Reason: added loan details
Old May 20, 2009, 10:13 pm

Paying it forward!

Ahror is an energetic man, involved in sales of video cassettes and DVD disks. He sells at a market in the city of Khujand. His business is stable. He used each one of his previous loans either to expand his business or to update his equipment. Ahror affirms that it is convenient for him to use financing in order to make his business growth plans come to fruition. He is glad to continue the collaboration with MicroInvest and to continue his business.

Thanks Chewy3! (Okay he's not done, but I donated $50 anyway)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.