Final (I hope) query on getting to Brisbane

Old Oct 5, 2006, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
Final (I hope) query on getting to Brisbane

Ok, thanks to all the very nice people who have helped me figure out how to get my family of five (wife, three kids under 12) to Brisbane in late December with the most comfort, least hassle, and lowest price.

My budget is a ton of AA frequenty flyer miles and around $5K USD via an employer.

What I have so far is 5 business class seats on AA to LAX on 29/DEC. There we will give the mouse our money for two days. (See post about children above.)

Then on 2/Jan we head to Hawaii for 3 to 5 days. Starwood points will get us two rooms somewhere - very much TBD.

So, around 5-8 Jan we want to get to Brisbane.

Our return is in August.

Still with me?

So, I was able to find five economy seats on Jetstar for $6K USD all in. A bit out of budget and we have to go through Sydney so it's an 12 hours of travel instead of 9. But I can't find anything cheaper.

We have a lot of flex to leave Hawaii but want to get to Brisbane by the 10th to get time to settle in. Funnily enough, the flight to LAX is the gating factor - there is only one day with five seats in business.

Thoughts?

And thanks again to the many people who helped on earlier posts. It got me one option that is only $1K more than budget.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 9:27 am

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
I'm on it In LAS at present but will have time over the weekend to muck about. So to make sure I understand, you're wanting to do HNL-xxx-BNE on 5-8 JAN to arrive by the 10th and and then BNE-xxx-HNL (or LAX??) sometime in August? Exact routings you want tickets for and date ranges would be awesome 'cos I'm a bit confused. Basically something like

I need :

05-08 jan

hnl/lax-xxx-bne

03 aug-08 aug

bne-xxx-hnl/lax
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
Ah, sorry, let me be more clear: I have five r/t business class tix from RDU/HNL so all I need is the HNL/BNE portion.

The dates are correct:

5-8 Jan from HNL to BNE

3-8 Aug fron BNE to HNL

Good old LAS - always happy to get there, always happy to leave!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.