Search

South Pacific Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2006, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
South Pacific Advice

Hi all -

Just starting to plan our honeymoon for next September, and I'm having some difficulty finding information on flights between islands in the south pacific.

Our original thought was that we would like to take in Fiji and the Cook Island on the trip - is it possible to fly between to two, or would one need to go back to AKL in between?

If not, are there any other two islands that people might recommend as part of our honeymoon? I see that Nuie is also beautiful, but again there doesn't appear to be many inter-island options.

Ideally I would like to fly to AKL, and then do something like AKL-RAR-NAN-AKL, but not sure what all is available - any good reference sites with these types of island hops?

The other option is to fly to SIN and to go to Bali/Lombok and Langkawi, which seems pretty straight forward... but then again, I'm in the Pacific forum for a reason... I want to go!!!

Thanks for any help,

Travis.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 3:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

NZ has a once a week flight between NAN and RAR. FJ (Air Pacific) probably also flies this route. Otherwise it is a detour via AKL.

Check out www.airnz.co.nz - you can easily look up their routes and schedules
Old Jul 25, 2006, 4:00 pm

French Polynesia is also along that route. I took the ANZ flight from LAX to Tahiti which ultimately continued to Auckland. I seem to recall that flight or another connection available had a stop in RAR.

Once in Tahiti you have several options in the local area - most people would tell you not to stay on Tahiti but to go to one of the other islands like Bora Bora or Tahaa. Other options that you can take a short flight to from Tahiti are islands like the Marquesas and Moorea (Have not visited those myself)

Depends on what you are looking for and what your budget is, we did an incredible two week trip where we spent one week on a boat going around the islands near Bora Bora and then spent a week on Tahaa. It was a huge splurge, but it was really nice. The boat was particularly expensive, but it was also surprisingly empty so maybe you can get a better deal than we did

Travel Agent We Used
http://www.Pacific-for-less.com

Boat
http://www.boraboracruises.com/anglais/yacht.php

Hotel on Tahaa
http://www.letahaa.com/main.asp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.