Travel Declaration Form [New Zealand]

Old Jul 7, 2023, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Travel Declaration Form [New Zealand]

Hi

this week the digital arrival forms go live. Has anyone here been part of the trial? Is it possible to save all details on line and just change arrival date, flight etc?
Old Jul 7, 2023, 9:00 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Isnt it just WLG/CHC that is going live to start with?
Old Jul 7, 2023, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Yes, Chch starts Monday
Old Jul 9, 2023, 5:15 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Needs to be completed and submitted 24 hours before arrival. But dual arrival systems will be in place for the time being as no one is advertising this yet.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 6:52 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
So you can't make changes after you've submitted it at T-24?
Old Jul 9, 2023, 9:24 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Accor Plus Platinum
You can make changes up until you pass through the customs e-gates on arrival.

racekp likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 1:20 am

Programs: NZ Koru
I wonder how it handle it, if your flight is cancelled? and your rebooked onto a another flight at short-notice?
Old Jul 11, 2023, 2:41 am

What a terrible app. UI design is incredibly poor.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 2:57 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by greg23
You can make changes up until you pass through the customs e-gates on arrival.
Stink.. I've literally remembered food whilst on board and checked my luggage off the carousel and biffed food into the bins prior to biosecurity. However... if I declare something AT biosecurity then regardless of what I've written I think they'll take me at my word. I'll write it on the back of some airline vomit bag and take a photo #nofines but... it does happen infrequently (once in a blue moon). The documentation you show to biosecurity should be the final documentation accepted. Happy to lawyer up on that.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 3:28 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by sbiddle
What a terrible app. UI design is incredibly poor.
I tried to download it today but got the message it's not available in my region (USA). I suppose it will become available once it is used for Auckland arrivals.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: NZ*E, Accor Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Stink.. I've literally remembered food whilst on board and checked my luggage off the carousel and biffed food into the bins prior to biosecurity. However... if I declare something AT biosecurity then regardless of what I've written I think they'll take me at my word. I'll write it on the back of some airline vomit bag and take a photo #nofines but... it does happen infrequently (once in a blue moon). The documentation you show to biosecurity should be the final documentation accepted. Happy to lawyer up on that.
I imagine you'll be able to tell a biosecurity officer if you have something additional to declare, I doubt they are intending to trip you up by refusing to accept your word if you tell them you just remembered you have an apple etc.
I'm sure it's cheaper to just declare everything, either via the declaration or verbally if making a last minute change, vs 'lawyering up', but if you have cash to burn why not spend it frivolously on unnecessary lawyers.
Every country is moving to digital arrival cards, so I'm sure they have considered people who remember something at the last minute.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by SeaProf
I tried to download it today but got the message it's not available in my region (USA). I suppose it will become available once it is used for Auckland arrivals.
It's also not available for iOS yet.
SeaProf likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by greg23
I imagine you'll be able to tell a biosecurity officer if you have something additional to declare, I doubt they are intending to trip you up by refusing to accept your word if you tell them you just remembered you have an apple etc.
I'm sure it's cheaper to just declare everything, either via the declaration or verbally if making a last minute change, vs 'lawyering up', but if you have cash to burn why not spend it frivolously on unnecessary lawyers.
Every country is moving to digital arrival cards, so I'm sure they have considered people who remember something at the last minute.
I think my vomit bag declaration will suffice if necessary. Currently with paper declarations I can change up until they see this. Have no intention of wasting money but will if I meet an officer that doesn't see reason. Lately in NZ have been running into a lot of people that just regurgitate scripts without applying common sense. Useless...

My point is... whatever you show the necessary officer is what should be accepted as your declaration regardless of what form it comes in. The necessary officers are past the e-gates. I don't care that it's digital. But I hate being the guinea pig. Thankfully (Sorry Welly, Chch etc) other cities will hopefully iron out the stupidities.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
It's also not available for iOS yet.
Another 24 hrs according to the website I read.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 2:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
I wonder how it handle it, if your flight is cancelled? and your rebooked onto a another flight at short-notice?
I assume no different to how the app worked during covid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.