Tahiti vs. Seychelles/ Maldives .

Old Aug 10, 2020, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Tahiti vs. Seychelles/ Maldives .

As soon as we can travel again we want to spend a week at some tropical beach place. For some reason my wife feels that the Seychelles or Maldives might be nicer or more exotic than our typical trips to Tahiti. To me tropical beaches are all pretty much the same .So- is there any difference between Tahiti and Seychelles/ Maldives . And if so is it really worth the extra 10 hours of travel each way from LAX?
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:20 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I agree with you, stick to Tahiti and go to Bora Bora if budget allows .... maybe it will be cheaper now. Maldives has a dismal human rights record, sufficiently bad to warrant boycotting if you are concerned about this, and Seychelles had a coup in 1977 which instilled a "president for life" who died recently. Again with opposition famously being machine-gunned on the street in London or disappearing. I view travel as a way to support worthy small countries, and there are lots of better beach getaways in the Pacific. Another alternative is Fiji, which is much nicer even with its own political turmoil -- which they seem to resolve without violence for the most part.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by ente_09
As soon as we can travel again we want to spend a week at some tropical beach place. For some reason my wife feels that the Seychelles or Maldives might be nicer or more exotic than our typical trips to Tahiti. To me tropical beaches are all pretty much the same .So- is there any difference between Tahiti and Seychelles/ Maldives . And if so is it really worth the extra 10 hours of travel each way from LAX?
Haven’t been to the Maldives but have been to Tahiti and the Seychelles. I have the same mindset, all tropical beaches are pretty much the same. Anse Source d’Argent on the the island of La Digue was gorgeous but you only spent an hour there on a tour. Beaches on the main island of Mahe, Seychelles overall weren't more impressive than beaches of Moo’rea or Bora Bora. Seychelles is worth a visit but if you’re going just for beaches, stick with French Polynesia.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.