COVID-19 testing prior to PPT boarding

Old Jun 17, 20, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, GlobalEntry, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club
COVID-19 testing prior to PPT boarding

I'm booked on a SFO-PPT flight on 8/20.
The French Polynesian government has said that everyone needs a negative PCR test within 72 hours of boarding ( I guess the airlines are checking this at gate?)
https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/
The problem is... quick testing (as in getting results in less than 3 days) is reserved for "at risk" population (which I am not)
Any ideas on a place in the SFO area that will do fast testing/results for the flights?
I noticed that Air Tahiti Nui has partnered with a clinic near the LAX area that specifically has a test "Air Tahiti Nui Flight screening" - which doesn't require any Dr. referral... just a boarding pass.
Thoughts, ideas? TIA!
Old Jun 17, 20, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
We are booked on the 18th, and I dont anticipate these flights to operate, I have a feeling United will remove them when the next update comes (hoping so anyway so its easy to refund)

Air Tahiti has cancelled most of our domestic flights between the islands anyway - so the trip is going to have to be postponed.

Good luck on getting a test (and results) within 72 hours of arrival - which really means you have 2 days to get results
Old Jun 17, 20, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA GS (1MM), DL Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
Literally booked this flight last night for November 21. Hoping either testing or vaccination situation is figured out by then.
Old Jun 17, 20, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
Good luck on getting a test (and results) within 72 hours of arrival
Boarding time, not arrival time.

Originally Posted by SteveHK View Post
Hoping either testing or vaccination situation is figured out by then.
Maybe testing, but definitely no vaccine that soon.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: