Australia, through the lens of my camera

Old May 24, 20, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Smile Australia, through the lens of my camera

Seeing as none of us can travel right now, I thought I'd share this about my trip to Australia

This video recounts the highlights of my 3-week trip to Australia in December 2019-January 2020, my first visit to Down Under.

Australia quickly became one of my favourite countries. From its natural uniqueness and diversity to the amazing cities like Sydney and Brisbane (and not to forget the amazing weather all-year-round), it is not surprising to me why Australia is such a popular tourist destination.

During my 3 weeks there I barely scratched the surface, though, and so much more remains to explore..until next time it is!

I hope you enjoy the video and I welcome any feedback! I will be making these in the future from all my travels so subscribe to the channel if you are interested in following along

Last edited by Tuomas Kivioja; May 25, 20 at 11:33 am
Old May 24, 20, 4:17 am

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Nice video, great production quality and I enjoyed watching it. For 3 weeks in Australia your highlights are awfully biased towards Sydney and Brisbase waterfront/CBD, not my cup of tea, but then again I live in Melbourne so I am biased

Hope you can come back next time and explore more outside the cities... that's where the real magic is, in my humble opinion.

Along the same lines as the thread title, I have been using this down time to go through some photo albums, many of road trips in Australia. I keep all my albums on flickr. Here's a link if anyone is interested. It isn't limited to Australia but about half of the recent albums are Aussie.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums
Tuomas Kivioja likes this.
Old May 24, 20, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick View Post
Nice video, great production quality and I enjoyed watching it. For 3 weeks in Australia your highlights are awfully biased towards Sydney and Brisbase waterfront/CBD, not my cup of tea, but then again I live in Melbourne so I am biased

Hope you can come back next time and explore more outside the cities... that's where the real magic is, in my humble opinion.

Along the same lines as the thread title, I have been using this down time to go through some photo albums, many of road trips in Australia. I keep all my albums on flickr. Here's a link if anyone is interested. It isn't limited to Australia but about half of the recent albums are Aussie.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums
Thanks for your comment, yeah I agree 1000% so much more remains for me to explore! I was only able to visit Sydney and Bris (plus Currumbin, Springbrook and GC that are close to Bris) but my next goal/dream is to do a giant trip in the outback, as well as see Melbourne. Where I think Australia is special is the wildlife and outside the cities, but unfortunately I didn't plan that for my first trip.

Wow, some amazing photos, esp the outback ones look so cool!
CPMaverick likes this.
Old May 24, 20, 4:49 am

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Sydney harbour is a must see, I understand. It is beautiful, and an iconic symbol of Australia. You've ticked that box though now so you don't need to see it next time

Yes, getting out to the 'bush' is vital to the Australian experience. Next time! I moved to Melbourne 5 years ago and have seen a lot of the country. If you have any questions on your next trip please post here or PM me.
Old May 24, 20, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Nice video. Great to see something in this forum that isn't bat flu related.
Old May 25, 20, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bensyd View Post
Nice video. Great to see something in this forum that isn't bat flu related.
Haha thanks so much mate!
bensyd likes this.
Old May 25, 20, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick View Post
Sydney harbour is a must see, I understand. It is beautiful, and an iconic symbol of Australia. You've ticked that box though now so you don't need to see it next time

Yes, getting out to the 'bush' is vital to the Australian experience. Next time! I moved to Melbourne 5 years ago and have seen a lot of the country. If you have any questions on your next trip please post here or PM me.
Thank you so much, will do!
Old Jun 30, 20, 12:41 pm

Love it.
Old Jul 7, 20, 6:27 am

Nice video.
I always think to really see a country you need to get out of the cities. The next time you visit Australia, check out the coast of Western Australia, Karijini National Park (the most amazing place!!!) and try to do a bit of outback adventuring from Broom through the Kimberly. Places with red dirt and turquoise seas are uniquely Australian and something you won't find anywhere else in the world. I've just travelled all the way around Australia so if you have any questions let me know.
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Emily Brett View Post
Nice video.
I always think to really see a country you need to get out of the cities. The next time you visit Australia, check out the coast of Western Australia, Karijini National Park (the most amazing place!!!) and try to do a bit of outback adventuring from Broom through the Kimberly. Places with red dirt and turquoise seas are uniquely Australian and something you won't find anywhere else in the world. I've just travelled all the way around Australia so if you have any questions let me know.
Photos?

David
Old Jul 8, 20, 9:20 pm

DELee and NZbutterfly like this.
Old Jul 8, 20, 9:25 pm

I've been trying to upload more but I'm having trouble - will post a few more soon.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: