Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any COVID updates for French Polynesia/Tahiti?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by cubsko
I got a reply from ETIS. In short, for applicants prior to July 20th you don't have to be worried about the surveillance fee. It is only for post July 20th applicants. They plan to add a step to the ETIS application on July 20th to take payment of the surveillance fee.
How long did it take for a reply from them? Did you just send them an email at [email protected] ?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: UA GS 1M / EK Platinum / Bonvoy Titanium Elite / IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain
How long did it take for a reply from them? Did you just send them an email at [email protected] ?
It took them 2 days to respond to my email. I sent it to that email you listed. I wish it took 2 days for them to approve my ETIS application! I'm still waiting for it. Sent it in July 8th. Sounds like that is not uncommon these days?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:05 am

It took them 2 days to respond to my email. I sent it to that email you listed. I wish it took 2 days for them to approve my ETIS application! I'm still waiting for it. Sent it in July 8th. Sounds like that is not uncommon these days?
I am in a similar situation. We applied for ETIS on July 2nd. Still waiting. I was expecting maybe a 4 day turnaround since the latest you can do the ETIS is D-6 and you would have an answer by D-2 however they are probably prioritizing based on departure date. I am not departing for another two weeks.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:39 pm

I am in a similar situation. We applied for ETIS on July 2nd. Still waiting. I was expecting maybe a 4 day turnaround since the latest you can do the ETIS is D-6 and you would have an answer by D-2 however they are probably prioritizing based on departure date. I am not departing for another two weeks.
We are departing pretty much close to you. We depart on the 3rd of August. I plan to send an email to that etis email address next week if I haven't received my receipt. I'll report back!
Old Jul 16, 2021, 11:15 am

We are departing pretty much close to you. We depart on the 3rd of August. I plan to send an email to that etis email address next week if I haven't received my receipt. I'll report back!
On the same boat! leaving August 3rd as well. Keep us posted.

Thanks.
SamirD and FrontOfTheCurtain like this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 7:21 pm

if I haven’t received the approval, a week prior to departure I will be sending them an email & will report back any results. Can everyone else report back your status as well?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 7:45 am

if I haven’t received the approval, a week prior to departure I will be sending them an email & will report back any results. Can everyone else report back your status as well?
Will do. For context, we put in our ETIS application 7/8 and 7/9. We did our health (Covid vaccinations) a few weeks earlier and it was validated in 15 minutes. I'd be curious to see the time to ETIS receipt depending upon when people's departure date.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by SamirD
That doesn't matter since they won't be the one denying boarding.

Just got back from the airport and talking with United at the ticket counter--Kaiser test report that I handed to them would not be valid for travel (I had a previous test that will be the same as the one I'm getting). And this is after dealing with 5 different people and after calling Kaiser AND United who both said it WOULD be valid.

I'm off to hunt for an RT-PCR for tomorrow. Glad I didn't wait to find this out as the last minute tests are still pretty much $400+.
I flew United on 7-15. At check in They would only accept the RT-PCR test. It seemed that their documentation interpreted the Tahiti entry requirements stricter then than Tahiti web site.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 8:24 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Update about Air Tahiti Lounge with Priority Pass in PPT

We flew back on UA PPT-SFO on July 15th and we were allowed (actually welcomed) in to the lounge with our PP card. It was nice to have the AC and clean bathrooms (we did check in 3hours early). They only have cups of noodles, canapes, crackers, cornichons, olives etc for snacking on. There is a full spread of wine, beer, and other drinks. No showers (but we were prepared and showered off after snorkeling in Moorea earlier in the day before boarding the late afternoon ferry).
I don't know if there is a cut off for the PP card holders closer to the time of the flight or not. We were in economy, not business as a prior poster mentioned.
Xyzzy and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 8:26 pm

Any recommendations regarding testing to return to US? Is it better to just test at airport or is the United test better?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 8:30 pm
LHG

Samir, we did Kaiser tests (in the Pacific NW) and all 3 of us had no problem boarding and flying our United flight 10 days ago.
I am not sure what has changed. We did update the test to the flight ready site and it was accepted by them. I hope you were able to fly.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 8:31 pm
LHG

Originally Posted by mileagehighclub
Any recommendations regarding testing to return to US? Is it better to just test at airport or is the United test better?
We used the binax tests in our rooms. The wifi on moorea is only 3G and dropped annoying frequently. We had to call in multiple times to reconnect. However it saved us doing the test at the airport. It looked like there were no lines at PPT however to get in.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mileagehighclub
Both tests are accepted. UA test is lwer cost -- if you need more than 2 -- on a per-test basis.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:23 am

Will do. For context, we put in our ETIS application 7/8 and 7/9. We did our health (Covid vaccinations) a few weeks earlier and it was validated in 15 minutes. I'd be curious to see the time to ETIS receipt depending upon when people's departure date.
I submitted my info 28 days before departure & I received my ETIS approval email 10 days before departure.
SamirD and totoropanda like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 4:49 pm

I submitted my info 28 days before departure & I received my ETIS approval email 10 days before departure.
I submitted on 7/8, depart 8/3, still "YOUR FILE IS STILL BEING PROCESSED"

I did send an email 3 days ago to the contact email and haven't heard back. Prior emails to them usually got a response in 2 days. Any others get their receipt that are departing roughly same time as I am?
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.