RoadTrip in Australia After the Confinement

Old Apr 17, 2020, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
RoadTrip in Australia After the Confinement

Hi Everyone,
I want to do a roadtrip across Australia.
Do you have suggested itinerary? Also, when is the best time to get there?
Best Regards
Rebecca
Old Apr 17, 2020, 6:27 am

Hi Rebecca,
I have been in Australia last December. It's was too huge to do it entirely in Roadtrip in 1,5months. So I combined roadtrip and airlines.
Here would be my recommendations of the main highlights :
Victoria : 12 Apostles - Port Campbell - Melbourne
Western Australia : Perth - Pemberton - Pinnacles Desert - Natural Window - Waverock - Tree Top Walking - Valley of Giants - Prevelly - Gloucester tree - Pink Lake - Dongara Dune
Queensland - Brisbane - Airlie Beach - Gold Coast - Story Bridge - South Bank Parklands - Snappers Rocks - Airlie Beach
New South Wales - Bondi Beach - Sydney Opera - Sydney
I have done a video on Youtube. Here is link.

Stay safe & Talk you soon on FlyerTalk
Olivier
Old Apr 17, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Australia is a perfect place for a road trip.

However, it is a HUGE country. It's bigger than all of Europe. So it is best to understand how much time you have to spend before we can offer up sample itinerary.

https://www.banksiaimages.com.au/upl...1_i9_w800.jpeg

Also it is more diverse than many people expect. So what you'd like to see is also important. Beaches? Forests? Australian Outback? Tropical jungle? It's all possible.

I've driven all around Australia and would love to offer some advice. Here are some ideas to start:

- Australian Outback road trip: Adelaide to Alice Springs, best in winter or close to winter
- Western Australia beaches and forests: Perth to Esperance, best in summer
- Tour around Tasmania beaches, forest, and mountains: best in summer
- Tour around Darwin: tropical jungle, amazing gorges and waterfalls, best in winter
- Brisbane to Townsville: surf beaches, islands, great barrier reef excursions, best outside summer
nancypants and konagirl2 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:54 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Yes - Australia is large and diverse, so too is the climate. If you intend to visit the northern part (say north of Brisbane) winter (of the dry season) is best, and in the south it is probably more pleasant in summer (unless you prefer fireside country stays).

The distances can be great but the roads are pretty good, the price of fuel is lower than Europe, but higher than the US.
konagirl2 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 9:52 pm

What interests you? The outback? Cities? Coast, tropics or rainforest. Remote areas or places with more of a buzz?
I've just driven around Australia in a 12 month period. I can help with different areas, but first, let me know what you want to see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.