Wiki Posts
Search

Current Risks of Intra Qld RPT Flying [Australia]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2020, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Current Risks of Intra Qld RPT Flying [Australia]

I have some essential domestic travel coming up for members of my team. The work cannot be done from home! It will require travel within Queensland and the distances involved make driving impractical and potentially more unsafe than managing the (perceived) risks of domestic air travel.

I am putting together a SWP for domestic flying at this time. Has anyone got some good reference material for me to review. I don't want to rely on an airline website as there is a conflict of interest there.

I am struggling to find any factual and scientific information on the actual hazards of domestic air travel in AU. Any help would be appreciated to point me in the right direction.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 1:30 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I’d think that there are close to zero risks with intra state flights - apart from cancellations. The risks of long distance driving are quite high. Falling asleep at the wheel, fatigue preventing meaningful work on arrival, wildlife (hitting ‘roos especially at start or end of the daylight), much extra time than flying etc.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 3:19 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Australian government paper on it https://www.health.gov.au/resources/...ng-flight-crew
Also useful https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...ds-on-a-plane/
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] As this is not about QF, I will move it to the Australia forum. [/mod hat]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.