Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fiji Nan-sfo cancellation reason?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Fiji Nan-sfo cancellation reason?

Fiji airways cancelled their flight to SFO (fj870) last night, and now I am stuck in Fiji. They keep putting me on the waitlist for the lax flight, but it's been two days in a row that I havent been put on that flight. My questions are:
1) how do I get them to actually confirm me? I see them prioritizing people whose flights were actually in the future and want to go home early
2) how do I find out the reason for the SFO flight cancellation? They claim the us government isn't allowing them in, but there are plenty of intl flights landing in SFO now, so I don't believe this explanation. I think they are trying to avoid compensation.
Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
The only way to confirm may be to buy a ticket on the flight to LAX. You should get a refund on your flight to SFO (but expect to spend substantially more on the last-minute flight to LAX).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.