Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
Australian Government links
AU Govt (03 Jul 2022)-->All COVID-19 border restrictions to be lifted

The AU federal and state govt web sites are the *only* source of information.
Links smartraveller.gov.au
Update to new measures for return to Australia
COVID-19: Re-entry and quarantine measures

In addition State/territory authority may be needed.
What is in effect at any time can be hard to determine. Can change at short notice.

AU (Federal) Minister of Health
AU Department of Health Australian National Cabinet press releases
Print Wikipost

Australia’s response to Covid-19 [general border control thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
RE: Middle Name. Your Proof of Vaccination ; Names have to match the names on your passport. Member of my family is dual citizen & lives in Australia. Both his Australian & Canadian passport have middle name. His Australian health card did not have middle name thus the name on his International Vac certificate did not match his 2 passports. He checked Australian Government site before his overseas trip in DEC. The website noted the Names on Vac certificate have to match names on the passport. He contacted Service Australia & had his Health card & his Vac cert modified to match his Canadian & Australian passport
https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au...?context=60091
" 4. Follow the steps to verify your vaccinations and passport details. You may need to update your middle name in the passport details screen to match what is on your passport."

If Australian Vac cert has to match the names on the passport I would assume same is required of International travelers.
I had a similar issue in that I have a double barrel surname but the second surname was only added when I was about 4 months old by which time I had already been registered with Medicare. As I've never needed to change it my Medicare name had always just been as it was the day I was born. The Services Australia people actually changed it over the phone and rang the passport office while I waited to confirm the correct details. It actually was pretty quick; I had been expecting it to take weeks.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
RE: Middle Name. Your Proof of Vaccination ; Names have to match the names on your passport.
The CDC cards don't even have a middle name field, only middle initial.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by danger
If it's from April 17, that's 12am on April 17th (or 11.59pm 16 April plus one minute).
Does anyone have an idea if this enforcement will likely be for those arriving on 4/17 in AU? My in-laws are leaving LA to return back in 4/16, arrival in AU on 4/18. Do you think they will still need a test?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Does anyone have an idea if this enforcement will likely be for those arriving on 4/17 in AU? My in-laws are leaving LA to return back in 4/16, arrival in AU on 4/18. Do you think they will still need a test?
Yes. Its a pre departure test: not an arrival test. Based on the scheduled departure for AU.
Is not100% clear but some posts have the view depart 23:59 17 April2022 need the pre departure test. But if depart 00:01 18 April 2022 do not need the test.
On the 16 April the rules are still in effect.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 30, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Yes. Its a pre departure test: not an arrival test. Based on the scheduled departure for AU.
It's a pre-departure test, but it's required to ENTER Australia. So if you're entering on the 18th, then there's no requirement to have had the test pre-departure, so it shouldn't be required - or at least, that's my interpretation!

That said, the decision here is going to be made by the check-in staff and if it was me I wouldn't be relying on them to interpret it in any consistent manner... If it was me, I'd be having the test, just incase. Australia still allows a PCR test up to 3 calendar days before departure which is well within the time it takes to get results back from basically all of the 'free' tests available. (I got mine a few weeks ago at Kaiser - took 36 hours)
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by docbert
It's a pre-departure test, but it's required to ENTER Australia. So if you're entering on the 18th, then there's no requirement to have had the test pre-departure, so it shouldn't be required - or at least, that's my interpretation!
Disagree. On 17 April the regulations are still in place. On the 18 April that are not in place.
Time zones/data line will be messy.

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Is not 100% clear but some posts have the view depart 23:59 17 April2022 need the pre departure test. But if depart 00:01 18 April 2022 do not need the test.
On the 16 April the rules are still in effect.
The wording is some govt documents has changed. More have "18 April"

AU Govt-->Inbound international travel
Pre Departure Testing
From 18 April 2022, changes to pre-departure testing for travelling to Australia will come into effect. Travellers are reminded that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the requirements of the airline you are travelling with and any countries you transit through.
From FAQ pdf downlaod

Pre-departure COVID-19 testing requirements for entering Australia
Changes to the requirements for travel into Australia will come into effect from 18 April 2022. See the Minister for Health’s media statement outlining the changes here: Australia’s biosecurity emergency pandemic measures to end | Health Portfolio Ministers.
From 18 April 2022 travellers to Australia will no longer be required to undertake a COVID- 19 pre-departure test before boarding their flight.
Please note: these changes will come into effect from 18 April 2022. Until that time all current pre-departure testing will remain in place.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 3, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Old Apr 4, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Officer verified my DPD after I passed through the Smartgate end of last week. (Oz citizen). I had it printed out in my pocket, no worries.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:56 am
Original Member

Other then at the Airport, any Sydney CBD cheap /reasonably priced Covid testing sites for the Return Covid test for Entry in to the USA???

This is the only one I have found:
Millers Point Histopath Pathology Walk-in Clinic $79.00 for test

Thanks in advance for any information.....
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Marvella
Other then at the Airport, any Sydney CBD cheap /reasonably priced Covid testing sites for the Return Covid test for Entry in to the USA???
See this thread - covid test for travel to US in Sydney CBD?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:16 am

Accepted form of vaccination certificate

I have searched but unable to find any concrete info, will be traveling to Sydney in a week, just wondering if the CDC vax card I got at CVS after all 3 shots be sufficient as a proof on vaccination or I need something with passport number and etc. TIA!
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:39 am

From https://www.health.gov.au/health-ale...of-vaccination.

-Issued by a national or state/provincial-level authority or an accredited vaccination provider
-Written in English or accompanied by a certified translation
-Containing at a minimum: name as it appears in the traveller's passport either date of birth or passport number, or national identity number the vaccine brand name, and the date of each dose or the date on which a full course of immunisation was completed.
-Paper and digital certificates are equally acceptable.

From my understanding the Cvs one would be fine as long as it meets all requirements. I have a similar one and deltas verifly already approved it for my trip.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Note the Australian digital passenger declaration also requires you to manually enter details of each vaccine dose - date, type and country.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
i'm sure i'm missing something obvious, but how do you print your dpd summary? i don't seem able to do it from the app (on iphone)
Old May 6, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by orbitmic
i'm sure i'm missing something obvious, but how do you print your dpd summary? i don't seem able to do it from the app (on iphone)
go to the website on a real computer, log in, and print. I had a folded copy in my pocket for arrival at SYD, was checked after Smartgate
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Unless it changed from a couple weeks ago it also said you could take a screenshot of the summary page. Which is what I did. Wasn’t even asked for at check in or on arrival in Australia. (I had to take two screenshots as you had to scroll down to get all the info in.)
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.