Search

Sydney Air Quality

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Half a dozen of these should do you.

I had young relatives come to stay with me for a week over New Year, the youngest expressed disappointment in the lack of smoke (typical kids!). We did outdoor stuff every to no ill affect.

W the F is that thing! Looks like something out of Alien.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by bensyd
W the F is that thing! Looks like something out of Alien.
It's a tiger prawn - I think something smaller would taste better.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Thank you, Treasure. At last the voice of balance and reason. I'm coming unless matters change hugely and I do so agree with you the opposite percentage in the press would make one believe that the whole of the continent is a raging inferno. It is terrible how many lives have been affected but staying away will not improve matters.

I do hope that a shrimp in Australia is bigger than in Britain or France - even I eat more than one at a sitting
Our shrimps are the best in the world, but we call them prawns. Here you will probably buy them by the kilogram. And our oysters are spectacular. Maybe smaller than what you are used to in France, but definitely not lacking in flavour. Our Chardonnay wines are much more oaked (in general) than in France and a good Chardonnay, with a few Sydney rock oysters enjoyed by Sydney harbour is always a great way to spend an afternoon. I recommend The Cruising Yacht Club as a great social eating and drinking place, close to the city and right on the water. https://cyca.com.au/
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
It's a tiger prawn - I think something smaller would taste better.
Yeah it looks too big to be good. Yamba prawns are where it's at.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Yeah it looks too big to be good. Yamba prawns are where it's at.
Them and Mooloolaba prawns. They are really nice.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The humidity in the last week has noticeably picked up. The last few days have been rainy, not Sydney rain, more London drizzle every now and then. Thunderstorms at night. That's the usual pattern. Not to jump the gun, but I would hope in NSW the worst of the weather has probably passed. There's also two cyclones in the north so the monsoon may have finally arrived. The onset of the monsoon up north usually brings rainfall further south. Fingers crossed.

I wouldn't worry about visiting Sydney. Everything is normal, just a bit smokey.
Update and the humidity has brought five days of pretty decent rain across lots of NSW, and it's looking like this afternoon will bring an old fashioned Sydney summer storm.. It's certainly helped with the big fires that were around Sydney. The air quality has returned to very good for the time being.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.