Jet lag

Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
No. No no no no.... homeopathic medicine is a scam. Did you know that the concept of homeopathy is that the smaller the dose, the more effective it is? So most homepathic medicine is 99.99% sugar water or placebo pill with some tiny bit of the 'medicine'. Complete BS.

Homeopathy also works on the concept that water has a memory...

https://www.economist.com/the-econom...hy-is-nonsense

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7963786.html

I'm sure there are some natural medicines, herbs, etc which could help jet lag. but if it says homeopathic, run away, run far away.
I have the same aversion to homeopathy (although I suppose it can’t do any harm other than financial in this case). Read the reviews essentially as a demonstration of the placebo effect. Then started wondering- you have to chew 2 tablets and drink water every 2 hours, so by definition you never sleep longer than 2 hours, which I suppose would roughly correspond to a standard 90 minute human sleep cycle once you’ve woken up and drifted off again, and also you’ve had enforced additional water consumption

clearly I would need to test this hypothesis but I suggest it’s not the homeopathic tablets that are causing the alleged anti jet-lag effect
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Even though the difference between Toledo and NZ is 19 hours ahead it is really only 5 hours back
So as far as your body it is really only a 5 hour difference
It is actually less of a "jet lag" than going from Toledo to London

A couple of days before your travel pretend that it is 5 hours earlier and just do everything based on the new time
Now spending 27 hours traveling takes a huge toll of your body regardless of how many hours of jet lag

No alcohol, no/little caffeine, lots and lots of hydration (water), lighter meals and some activity.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by keisari
Even though the difference between Toledo and NZ is 19 hours ahead it is really only 5 hours back
So as far as your body it is really only a 5 hour difference
It is actually less of a "jet lag" than going from Toledo to London
Agreed. We are in Australia and my wife warned me that jet lag was a killer and it took her forever to get over the jet lag when she came 20 years ago. I approached the time change as 7 hours ahead minus 1 day. NZ was easy too. The key is stay busy when you get there. Walk as much as possible and go to bed at normal hour.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by neilk
Agreed. We are in Australia and my wife warned me that jet lag was a killer and it took her forever to get over the jet lag when she came 20 years ago. I approached the time change as 7 hours ahead minus 1 day. NZ was easy too. The key is stay busy when you get there. Walk as much as possible and go to bed at normal hour.
Going to Australia is easy. Coming home will be the tough part.

Even though 12 hours is the largest time change possible, for me (and most people I know that travel this route) being 7-9 hours behind your local time is the worst case scenario. It means you are trying to sleep when it feels like early AM, and wake up right after you'd normally be going to sleep.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.