what to do with luggage for 12 hours in Sydney

Old Jul 24, 19, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

what to do with luggage for 12 hours in Sydney

We will be getting off a cruise about 9am in Sydney and looking at booking a flight back to the states that would leave at 10pm, Any ideas on what we can do with all our luggage? One option would be to stay the night but flights the next day are not direct and I really don't want to wait until tuesday evening to fly back. thanks!!
Old Jul 24, 19, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tribefan View Post
We will be getting off a cruise about 9am in Sydney and looking at booking a flight back to the states that would leave at 10pm, Any ideas on what we can do with all our luggage? One option would be to stay the night but flights the next day are not direct and I really don't want to wait until tuesday evening to fly back. thanks!!
Overseas Passenger Terminal FAQ
Can I Store my luggage
If you arrive before the bag drop has opened for your cruise, but still want to use a luggage storage facility, the nearest ones are:
Sydney Baggage Storage -->Link
Sydney Visitor Centre --->Link
Sydney airport has luggage storage. But that would mean a trip out to the airport. Train goes to SYD T1
https://baggagestorage.com.au/locati...al-airport-t1/
Old Jul 24, 19, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
would the cruise company hold it? They prolly deal with this on occassion, id ask them.

You might consider a day-use room at one of the CBD hotels right near circular quay. Be nice to have a place to come back to, shower, change- before getting on the next 14 hr flight. Prices can be 25-50% of an overnight stay.
trooper likes this.

Last edited by Exec_Plat; Jul 25, 19 at 12:07 am
Old Jul 24, 19, 11:11 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
This would probably be your best option:

https://baggagestorage.com.au/locations/circular-quay/

I don't see it here, but inquire about airport delivery. I remember seeing something about a service where they'll bring your luggage to their airport location (extra charge of course), seemed like a nice option if you are taking the train.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 25, 19, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by CPMaverick View Post
This would probably be your best option:

https://baggagestorage.com.au/locations/circular-quay/
I don't see it here, but inquire about airport delivery. I remember seeing something about a service where they'll bring your luggage to their airport location (extra charge of course), seemed like a nice option if you are taking the train.
Interesting option. (I looked into these guys when I had some scuba stuff I didnt want to take over the Kangaroo Island from Adelaide. Wound up store it with the air carrier)

Two possible issues- they want $14 per bag for a day ...and they close at 4PM (!) If they did a transfer to the airport, that would be nice.
Old Jul 25, 19, 1:24 am

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Ouch, I didn't notice the hours. That's pretty rubbish for travelers, but maybe they do most of their business before hotel check-in time. It does say winter hours, so it may depend on when the OP is traveling.
Old Jul 25, 19, 8:28 am
Original Poster

thanks everyone!! I looked into the storage lockers but looks like we would need several of them to fit all our luggage (going for 7 weeks so taking 4 suitcases, plus carry ons and backpacks!) I like the idea of just getting a hotel room. We could valet check our luggage and then take off for the day and then come back, get a shower and dress for a flight to Honolulu!! Appreciate all your help!
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jul 26, 19, 5:15 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
shangri-la has great views from many of the rooms including iconic 270 degree opera house and harbour bridge views ... even if your room has no view, there is from the bar and restraurant at top of the hotel. Rates can be cheaper than the Hilton despite being a much better luxury hotel. Alternatively most cruise lines have deals with Marriott for hotel rates if you want a deal.
Old Jul 26, 19, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Plenty of options here...

https://bagbnb.com/luggage-storage/sydney
Old Jul 26, 19, 5:34 pm

Cool site, good find.

OP, you might need to call the hotels directly to ask about 'day use' rooms. Actually rare to see it on a website.
Old Oct 24, 19, 2:03 pm

Programs: qantas, qatar, virgin
Not sure if it's too late but I highly recommend service call Stasher.com - I used it with friends recently and it's $10 per day (cheaper per day over multiple days) which is substantially cheaper than the others and it includes insurance for your bags. Several locations around the city and inner suburbs. May be useful for others searching the forum.

Search this Thread