2 weeks in Australia - Itenarary help

Old May 14, 2019, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Booked 1 day kuranda trip, 1 day daintree and 1 day great barrier reef with helicopter ride with 1 day as filler for anything we miss
Mwenenzi and Exec_Plat like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Stivelio
Booked 1 day kuranda trip, 1 day daintree and 1 day great barrier reef with helicopter ride with 1 day as filler for anything we miss
viator is awesome - we used it for most of our aus trip actually. Sometimes they offer 14 avios per dollar back from their ba shopping portal too !

our party of 5 paid $200aud pp for a one way helicopter flight back from the boat ride to the reef. Our pilot even landed on a very small island/sand dune on the way back. Definitely the flight was a highlight for us! Please enjoy
Old May 21, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Poster

We are all set to start our trip from USA to Melbourne tomorrow and have way too much luggage with us as we are going to India for 2 months from Australia directly after we finish our 2 weeks trip. Would anyone kind enough to provide any suggestions/recommendations for stroller rentals for a 2.5 yr old in MEL/CNS/SYD regions?
Old May 21, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Just buy a cheap umbrella stroller once you get there??
nancypants likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Just buy a cheap umbrella stroller once you get there??
that is an option that we are considering but I was wondering if it's better to get a sturdier stroller for rental if it's easier to get 1
Old May 21, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
im ~25 years past strollers, but one lesson we learned in our travels was a small, lightweight umbrella was always easier to manage for a family on the go. A large pram is a boat anchor.

If you want to enter a museum, a restaurant, 'someplace that cant take a big stroller', you are faced with where to leave it. Depending on where you are, will it be there when you get back. While loading it up with 'stuff' seems nice (kinda a mobile shopping cart), we just went to two backpacks and an umbrella- was a much more nimble solution.

YMMV

nancypants likes this.

Last edited by Exec_Plat; May 21, 2019 at 10:29 pm
Old May 22, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Huge fan of the Four Seasons. (Most aren't, I just think I got lucky) in Sydney. I don't know your budge, but it is pretty reasonably priced most days and their executive lounge is an experience.

Do a hop on/hop off bus tour when you get in. That will give you a lay of the city and see quite a bit. I also did a tour to the Blue Mountains, which was breathtaking (except for the pathetic Featherdale zoo included. I was not a fan.) I leave SYD tomorrow and couldn't be more bummed. There was so much more to do that I didn't. I can't wait to come back.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

I would like to thank all the folks the provided all the suggestions and recommendations. We finished our 2 weeks Australia last week (Mel, Cns and Syd) without any major hiccups. I have to say that we were slightly underwhelmed with our impression of Australia that we could probably attribute it to the rains + our huge expectations + limitation with our kids. All in all it was still a great trip and the best part was the first time we got some good sleep on the flights with our 2 yr old sleeping for most part on the 14+ hour flights.

Thanks again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.