Ex eu to Adelaide

Old Apr 11, 19, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Ex eu to Adelaide

Hi guys and girls. I have tried playing around with flying from anywhere in Europe to Adelaide but cannot seem to find anything cheaper than 2200 pp biz class which is from Oslo. Dates are flexible from start of December 2019 until start of January 2020. Here is the example I found. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by No1batch; Apr 11, 19 at 4:34 pm
Old Apr 11, 19, 4:41 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
2200 per person in business class seems very cheap. How much cheaper did you expect it to be?

Unfortunately we cannot see your example, but i don't think you'll do much better.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 11, 19, 4:47 pm

Programs: QF WP
Adelaide has fairly limited competition for international arrivals so you could consider pricing into Sydney or Melbourne and booking a separate domestic flight, which may reduce the overall cost (possibly)
Old Apr 11, 19, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by CPMaverick View Post
2200 per person in business class seems very cheap. How much cheaper did you expect it to be?
I reckon! I'm not sure I'd be game to fly on an airline that was much cheaper.
Old Apr 11, 19, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by No1batch View Post
Hi guys and girls. I have tried playing around with flying from anywhere in Europe to Adelaide but cannot seem to find anything cheaper than 2200 pp biz class which is from Oslo. Dates are flexible from start of December 2019 until start of January 2020. Here is the example I found. Any advice would be appreciated.
From posts in the BA forum, where many like ex Eu trips to Au that, seems like a good price. On QR? You are getting towards a busy time for travel to Au, but when business travellers (paid by employers) will be travelling less. So can be OK for paid business class tickets

Anyway do not only consider price. Look at departure times, transits, arrival time and overall travel time.
And as this is FT, earnings to a frequent flyer program.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide_Airport
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 12, 19, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick View Post

Unfortunately we cannot see your example, but i don't think you'll do much better.
Im sure I saw a post from ARN for 1500 and the MA sale was quoting a similar figure in January. The example is BA to LON then CP to ADL
Old Apr 12, 19, 4:47 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by No1batch View Post

Im sure I saw a post from ARN for 1500 and the MA sale was quoting a similar figure in January. The example is BA to LON then CP to ADL
Was this 1500 sale in December/January?

Dec 15-Jan 15 is high season to Australia, very difficult to find sales in general (although not sure about this route).

Either way, wow, 1500 is super cheap.
Old Apr 12, 19, 4:57 pm

Programs: NZ *G
The Premium Fare Deals Forum has a thread on CA flights LHR-MEL for 1866GBP....
nancypants likes this.

Search this Thread