Apr 2019 UA IAH-SYD saver award seat cancellation

Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aadvantage, Hhonors, Hyatt, MileagePlus, SPG, Chase UR, IHG, Qantas, JAL, Krisflyer,, Velocity
Apr 2019 UA IAH-SYD saver award seat cancellation

Just giving people a heads up that I have to cancel the below 3 United Airlines Saver Award seats from Houston to Sydney, they should be cancelled today and relisted by UA 'soon'.

UA101
Class - I
Qty 3
Depart IAH April 26 2019 @ 10:20pm
Arrive SYD April 28 2019 @ 7:00am
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aadvantage, Hhonors, Hyatt, MileagePlus, SPG, Chase UR, IHG, Qantas, JAL, Krisflyer,, Velocity
award seats have been cancelled.

Shout out to United MileagePlus for waiving the cancellation fees for this trip, they didnt have to but they did. My wife is now pregnant and we cannot travel in April as booked many months ago. Unfortunately American AAdvantage rejected the fees waiver and collected $400 in fees, very kind of them to kick us while we are down. Im shocked how United's customer service was absolutely perfect, not just the fee waiver but the how the agent handled the entire call.

Good Luck to anyone going for these seats, they are rare on this route.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by robbpf
... cancelled today and relisted by UA 'soon'.
As a rule, award flights are not "relisted" when canceled. They may re-appear if there is still sufficient capacity, but that'll be mostly related to the actual cancellation.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

True. If there are only up to 3 seats available per flight, and those 3 seat reservations are cancelled then there is a distinct possibility that up to 3 seats could be added back to award inventory for said flight.

Is it a guarantee the seats will be relisted as saver awards or at all? no. But I've personally seen award inventory pop back up on JAL & AA flights I've cancelled hours to a week later.
CPMaverick likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.