Community
Wiki Posts
Search

URGENTLY needing eVisitor for Australia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Red, SQ, HH Silver, Marriott Gold.
Glad the evisitor was granted, sorry you missed the 11am departures. Look forward to 37 degree heat today.
Strawb likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
03.30 am jetlag here in Australia (always happens to me and I even avoided alcohol last night!)

So in the end I purchased a one way flight on Vietnam Airlines departing at 18.25 via SGN (!!!) as the last direct flight to arrive same evening was at 13.55 on EK and they were charging silly money, as were QF with their evening departures. SIA were fully booked on all their flights in Y direct. I had missed the Scoot morning flight which was very reasonable at around SG$400 just before my evisitor was granted. VN was cheapest at just under SG$1000. No award availability in any class on oneworld and I searched all major entry ports in Australia. An expensive lesson for my complacency! Car hire I picked up at MEL 20hrs later than planned but no additional costs, and Hyatt kindly changed my arrival for a day later at no additional cost.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Strawb
03.30 am jetlag here in Australia (always happens to me and I even avoided alcohol last night!)
Welcome to Melbourne ^
If Monday had not been a public holiday your ETA application is likley to have been processed a day sooner.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I came to the same conclusion. If only I had known earlier...😒

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Welcome to Melbourne ^
If Monday had not been a public holiday your ETA application is likley to have been processed a day sooner.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:09 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Strawb
....EK and they were charging silly money, as were QF with their evening departures. SIA were fully booked on all their flights in Y direct. .... No award availability in any class on oneworld and I searched all major entry ports in Australia.....
Peak travel time due to school holidays in Oz and CNY coming up ... as you found the LCC have unsold capacity but the expensive seats are sold out (a reflection of who is traveling). Your bad luck to get the 10% of the year when demand is high. Sounds like delay of 1 day in ETA cost you >SGD1000. Expensive indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.