Search

Tahiti Inter-Island Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Tahiti Inter-Island Flights

Hi All -

There doesn't seem to be a lot on this topic and I imagine it's because nothing's really changed.

I'm planning a trip to Tahiti in April and had a voucher that I used for my LAX-PPT-LAX roundtrip. However, am planning PPT-BOB-MOZ-PPT and just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything in how I'm searching for fares.

My plan is to take the ferry from Moorea to Papeete for a couple of reasons: I'm staying at the InterContinental so can avail myself of late checkout and since the flight to LAX doesn't depart until nearly midnight, didn't think I wanted to get back to PPT too early.

However, that means I can't use the Air Tahiti airpass, which seems to require at least three segments. Simply booking a two-segment (PPT-BOB-MOZ) seems a bit more expensive than two one-ways (PPT-BOB and BOB-MOZ).

Am I missing anything on how to do this? I'm not one for leaving things to chance, so will want to have reservations in hand before arriving. I've heard that booking while on the islands is cheaper, but not for this guy who has a bit too much anxiety to do that!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:17 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Not missing anything, that is how it works. Lower fares for locals and to encourage more extensive tourism (hence the segment limitation on airpass). Depending on time of year it can cost more than LAX-PPT-LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.