HELP - Australia eVisitor rejected after mistake on form

Old Dec 3, 18, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX
HELP - Australia eVisitor rejected after mistake on form

Hi all,

My friend is a UK passport holder who recently had his eVisitor application rejected due to some simple mistakes - e.g. wrongly declaring "No" to "Understanding the terms of your stay etc".

My question is, can he simply resubmit his application online? Will he have to go to the embassy? Or has anyone experienced this before?

The Australian embassy hotline is of no help. Thank you all.

Last edited by CX HK; Dec 3, 18 at 11:52 pm
Old Dec 4, 18, 12:52 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You can try resubmission. The accept/reject criteria is based on some complex profiling, so there is some chance that a visa application may now be required, but most likely not. Nobody can know that in advance of the application being submitted.
Old Dec 4, 18, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks - its been resubmitted, the incorrectly ticked box was acknowledging the above was all truthful, that fraud would be punished etc. I would assume this happens a lot more often than not but Google searches have not yielded anything.
Old May 23, 19, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by CX HK View Post
Thanks - its been resubmitted, the incorrectly ticked box was acknowledging the above was all truthful, that fraud would be punished etc. I would assume this happens a lot more often than not but Google searches have not yielded anything.
Hey, Iím in the same situation, Iíve done the same mistake. Did your new application has been accepted the second time ?
Thanks for your answer.
Old May 24, 19, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lea3016 View Post

Hey, Iím in the same situation, Iíve done the same mistake. Did your new application has been accepted the second time ?
Thanks for your answer.
Not to worry - the new (now correct) application was accepted and there were no problems whatsoever at the border.
Old May 24, 19, 12:13 am

Not to worry - the new (now correct) application was accepted and there were no problems whatsoever at the border.
Okay great, thanks a lot for your answer, hope mine weíll be granted too.
Old May 24, 19, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lea3016 View Post
Okay great, thanks a lot for your answer, hope mine weíll be granted too.
Good luck and keep us posted! We submitted it again as a last resort as the Aussie embassy (and the service provider they contract out to) are utterly useless here in HK. No phone number to an actual person and emails were not replied, even to this day.
Old May 25, 19, 9:18 am

Good luck and keep us posted! We submitted it again as a last resort as the Aussie embassy (and the service provider they contract out to) are utterly useless here in HK. No phone number to an actual person and emails were not replied, even to this day.
After five days of waiting, the new (and correct one) application has been granted. So thatís perfect, thanks again for your answers because in France too it doesnít exist any email adress or phone number to contact. Best regards.

Search this Thread