International to domestic transfer at WLG

Old Oct 29, 18, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
International to domestic transfer at WLG

I don't know how common these connections are, and I'm not familiar with the situation and facilities at WLG, therefore I want to make sure that I got it right. I'm flying MEL-WLG-DUD, with the international segment on SQ, who sold this on one ticket. Obviously, I have to clear immigration, customs and biosecurity at WLG, so I'd assume that I have to pick up my checked bag at WLG for the border formalities? Will there be a counter to drop it again somewhere around arrivals or do I have to bring it to the regular baggage drop counters in the regular departure area? Anything else I have to keep in mind or beware of? I have 3 hours in WLG, so it should be no rush.
Thanks for your advice!
Old Oct 29, 18, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ex-koelner View Post
I don't know how common these connections are, and I'm not familiar with the situation and facilities at WLG, therefore I want to make sure that I got it right.
I'm flying MEL-WLG-DUD, with the international segment on SQ, who sold this on one ticket. Obviously, I have to clear immigration, customs and biosecurity at WLG, so I'd assume that I have to pick up my checked bag at WLG for the border formalities?
Will there be a counter to drop it again somewhere around arrivals or do I have to bring it to the regular baggage drop counters in the regular departure area?
Anything else I have to keep in mind or beware of? I have 3 hours in WLG, so it should be no rush.
I have done several International (from MEL) to domestic transfers at WLG with separate tickets and with one PNR/ticket.
Immigration, customs and biosecurity can be a little slow at times as only few lanes/fewer government staff.
WLG airport is small. You will have to take your bags up 1 level to the Air NZ bag drop area. This will take all of 3 minutes.

Search this Thread