72 hours in the Barossa Valley

Old Oct 12, 18, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum; Priority Club Spire; HHonors Silver
72 hours in the Barossa Valley

What are the best wineries to visit? We will be staying at the Novotel and I guess travelling by taxi.
Old Nov 6, 18, 4:22 am

Programs: DL, MR, SPG, UR, HH, UA, LUV
Wineries: Rockford, St. Hugo
Try to dine at The Louise's Appellation restaurant
Old Nov 9, 18, 7:13 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Red, SQ, HH Silver, Marriott Gold.
I have stayed at Novotel Barossa and think its a good base to enjoy the area. There are some excellent wineries and restaurants to try.
You mention taxi. I assume you are thinking of visiting wineries by taxi. Wineries are spread out over a rather wide area and I imagine there are not many taxis in the area. So taxis maybe hard to get, and expensive. Many people would hire a rental car in Adelaide and drive to the Barossa, and then self drive round the wineries. If not driving you may wish to look up wine tours or wine shuttle buses.
The key I think is to visit some of the larger wineries and also some of the smaller, generally family owned wineries.
In addition to the two wineries listed above I would suggest:

Seppeltsfield
Yalumba

Kalleske
Bethany
Schild
Two Hands
Old Nov 10, 18, 1:50 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Seppeltsfield is a must, only winery in the world to release 100 year old single vintage wine every year. Lots of other good choices, often combined with great food https://www.australia.com/en/places/...sa-valley.html

Personally I prefer Henschke which is in Eden valley next to Barossa (closer to Adelaide). Also Adelaide Hills area has become quite a wine hot-spot, very different wine style from Barossa and maybe better if you are without a car Really need a car, or hire driver for the day in Barossa.

Search this Thread