Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling Southland and Dunedin

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rtgta
Transfercar has plenty of ZQN to CHC rental cars @ $1/day for 2 days max, there are some 3-4 days ones that show..
Looking now
ZQN-CHC 152 cars
ZQN-Picton 39
342 cars total at ZQN to relocate (Its ski season)

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Sep 10, 2018 at 9:15 pm Reason: fixed quote format
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
That makes travelling Southland and Dunedin much harder and will take a lot more time to visit places. With a car you get to places in a hour that could take a day by public transport or will not be accessible for you at all.

I would suggest you rent a car for part of your trip to NZ. Even if only for a day in Dunedin or Queenstown areas for example.
An option for longer travel but limited:-->http://transfercar.co.nz/ (most are south to north direction, as many people drive south but fly north)
I don't drive as I'm a native New Yorker... I've been to NZ before so I know this is an issue. I've been generally lucky to sort it out in the past need to figure this out more here. Thanks for the suggestions guys!
Cheers
Howie
​​​​​
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
I don't drive as I'm a native New Yorker... I've been to NZ before so I know this is an issue. I've been generally lucky to sort it out in the past need to figure this out more here. Thanks for the suggestions guys!
Cheers
Howie
​​​​​
An acquaintance I knew once biked around NZ. You could always do that
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
So I'm leaving for NZ tomorrow and I'm super excited about what I ended up doing. I was able to fly CHC-IVC and transfer to the IVC-SZS flight which will be the smallest plane I've ever flown on! Doing the same in reverse so not spending much time in IVC. Had to pass on Dunedin this trip sadly. Stewart Island looks simply amazing!
Cheers
Howie
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
So I'm leaving for NZ tomorrow and I'm super excited about what I ended up doing. I was able to fly CHC-IVC and transfer to the IVC-SZS flight which will be the smallest plane I've ever flown on! Doing the same in reverse so not spending much time in IVC. Had to pass on Dunedin this trip sadly. Stewart Island looks simply amazing!
Cheers
Howie
Enjoy the trip & the deep south.
IVC weather --->https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/wea...rgill-forecast
Wikipedia---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Island

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.