Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dual passport Aus entry Q

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Had an AU/US friend who used to do this regularly in spite of my warnings. Eventually got pulled up by immigration at SYD and rather impolitely told to cease and desist. Now travels on Aussie passport.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by :D!
I didn't miss anything. The end result is the same for Australians and Kiwis in a desperate situation, but otherwise they are not the same.
You did miss it then. The option for Australian passport holders is not supposed to be used/available except in exceptional situations. Australian Immigration treat it as an exception. The option for NZ passport holders is simple, trivial, and common. NZ Immigration treat it as nothing more than a travel convenience.

They are broadly similar in that they are both endorsements/documentation added to a second country passport to allow travel to the first country as a citizen. They are different in the intent behind them from the POV of the respective immigration departments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.