palau things to do if dont dive

Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
thanks-does anyone know anything about the gov ferry which goes from koror to the other islands?is this worth going on for the views?
Old May 3, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
This is a timely thread, as I'm headed there this October over a long weekend, and I don't dive either.

It looks like there are a variety of things to do that I'm considering, including WWII island tour, kayaking, snorkeling, hiking and waterfall viewing on the big island, trying out the local craft beer. It looks like there are several tour operators that have day trips with different focus activities, so that should make it easy to fill up my time without diving.

I'm looking forward to it. Why Palau over other locations? Why NOT Palau?
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:45 am

So, returned from my trip to Palau with zero diving. A few things to note:

1. 3-4 days should be more than enough if you don't dive.
2. The snorkeling is out of this world. It is like you are swimming in a marine aquarium. Seriously, you have to try it at least once.
3. There are no chain restaurants. Rock Island Cafe is the closest thing to an American style diner. Lots of Filipino food options.
4. Peleliu island (site of major WWII battle) is 1 hour away by boat. Most of the tour companies run tours out to the island.
5. Wear sunscreen.
6. Driving yourself is pretty easy, although Koror can get traffic back-ups at times. Local drivers will cut in front of you relentlessly.
7. Immigration will stamp your passport with a pledge that you have to physically sign, stating you will respect the environment.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by etch5895
So, returned from my trip to Palau with zero diving. A few things to note:

1. 3-4 days should be more than enough if you don't dive.
2. The snorkeling is out of this world. It is like you are swimming in a marine aquarium. Seriously, you have to try it at least once.
3. There are no chain restaurants. Rock Island Cafe is the closest thing to an American style diner. Lots of Filipino food options.
4. Peleliu island (site of major WWII battle) is 1 hour away by boat. Most of the tour companies run tours out to the island.
5. Wear sunscreen.
6. Driving yourself is pretty easy, although Koror can get traffic back-ups at times. Local drivers will cut in front of you relentlessly.
7. Immigration will stamp your passport with a pledge that you have to physically sign, stating you will respect the environment.
Glad that it worked out. Was Jellyfish Lake closed? I'd be bummed about that if so...I think there are 5 of 'em but all the tours go to a particular one. Really fragile, though, and I'm sure they're worried about invasive species.

Good to see that Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and Senor Frogs haven't been able to open there yet.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by RustyC
Glad that it worked out. Was Jellyfish Lake closed? I'd be bummed about that if so...I think there are 5 of 'em but all the tours go to a particular one. Really fragile, though, and I'm sure they're worried about invasive species.

Good to see that Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and Senor Frogs haven't been able to open there yet.
No Jellyfish lake. None of the tours go there as I think they are still trying to recover the populations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.