Search

Business class deals between europe and OZ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying blue + Star alliance platinum
Post Business class deals between europe and OZ

Hi there,

me and my girlfriend will be travelling to Australia this Christmas, and i'm looking for the best Business class deals to get there from Amsterdam. Our final destination is Brisbane but we can always add a cheap domestic flight at the end. Below are the details:

Travelling party: 2 persons
Departure date: 25-12 or 26-12
Travelling to: Brisbane

Return date to Amsterdam/Euro: between 13-01 and 17-01

Status: Skyteam Gold, Skywards Silver, Star Alliance 1k/Platinum.

Any suggestions?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
What research have you done yourself?
Cheap domestic flights between Christmas/New Year i.e peak Australian travel season? Sorry to say that’s not going to happen.
trooper likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
if you can be a bit more flexible with your dates then you might find something in a Qatar Airways sale, especially from CPH, ARN, or OSL. Positioning to these should be fairly cheap via Norwegian or similar airlines, or a redemption ticket on a hi-cost carrier.
You may have missed the boat for your dates, January would have ben a good time to look.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I find there are very good deals between HKG and Europe in Business Class. Perhaps look at HKG, SIN, DPS, etc as a stopover and book separate tickets. That is what I am doing in June. Saved a lot of money, but of course there is the extra time and hassle of the stop (or an extra destination depending on how you look at it).
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by Paul Simmonds
Any suggestions?
Try Google flights and looking at a Chinese or other Asian carrier are you best bets. If you're not set on J then consider Premium Economy as well - the right PE seat can be better than J on some other carriers. (Talking of PE, if you really want to take chances then Japan Airlines will often sell upgrades from economy to PE at check in for $300 - their new PE is a very solid product IMO)

For new year from EU or US to Oz/NZ around New Year it seems that booking ~9 months out is the sweet spot for cheapest prices IME.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:56 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Scoot are offering sub 1000 euro one way flights around Christmas time out of Berlin (TXL) to Gold Coast, so around 4000 euro all up for you both. Gold Coast is not far from Brisbane, and Scoot are LCC of course.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:57 am

What is *A "Platinum"?

Last edited by trooper; Apr 11, 2018 at 1:02 am
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:57 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by trooper
What is *A "Platinum"?
Several Star airlines have status in their own plans higher than Star offers (and quite valuable) but it isn't recognized by other Star airlines. I suppose this is like Oneworld "P1". LH had the best offering but that ended a few years ago.

For the OP the best Star fare would be RTW if wanting to earn status. Otherwise as mentioned QR has been having very low J fares due to their political problems. Some risk of disruption in future.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
China Southern or Vietnam Airlines will get you to SYD for about £3,000 return at that time of year. Korean has similar fares - Google flight s will show the options
Old May 2, 2018, 2:28 pm

CA routinely offers ~2000€ R/T tickets from DUS/FRA to AUS/NZ. You need to check their german website, generally the sale is over the weekend and it lasts 48h.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
You should also consider biz class return AMS to KUL then a LCC/budget flight to Aus on the likes of Air Asia.
Can work out quite economical. Look for KLM and LH sales.

The LCC terminal in KUL is connected to the main one and has transit hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.