Any routing ideas that include PER, WLG, NTL (or SYD), KOA, and SFO?

Old Mar 23, 18, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Any routing ideas that include PER, WLG, NTL (or SYD), KOA, and SFO?

Hi Everyone -

(Wasn't sure where to post this - so please bump if need be).

I'm basically looking for the best way to find a rather strange route. I've used ITA, Google Flights, and Skyscanner, but am wondering if I'm missing some tricks to drop the fare even lower. Basically, I'm looking for a route that starts / ends in Perth and includes an 4-8 hour layover in Wellington, a 2-3 day stopover in Sydney (well, Newcastle would be even better...), five days in Kona, and three weeks in SFO. Any other necessary stops are fine.

This is a version of the routings I've found - but I feel like there may be a way to include long layovers and I just don't know how?

https://goo.gl/flights/xfNPL

Thanks!

Last edited by seacliffs; Mar 23, 18 at 2:21 am
Old Mar 23, 18, 9:27 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Any of the RTW products will work well for this kind of itinerary, also generally earn FF points well and offer schedule flexibility. I generally use the One World Explorer product but Star/Skyteam have their own versions, plus there are many bilateral airline combos. As the name suggests, you need to go around the world, so return is via Europe rather than crossing the Pacific again. Price varies with point of origin (for example some fares are cheaper if originating in certain countries) but you'd need a positioning flight from Perth. You could try oneworld.com for a fare calculator and routing (there are lots of rules). The flexibility to change travel dates and even routing is worth a premium over point to point fares (and the ticket is good for 12 months after the first flight).
Old Mar 25, 18, 12:19 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
A circle pacific fare on oneworld or star alliance could work.

Search this Thread