Fiji Stopover Diving Optional

Old Dec 31, 17, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott/BW Plat; Hilton Dia; Radisson Gold; Hertz Prez (OK, some are +1's)
Fiji Stopover Diving Optional

Looking for a place to stay and things to do in Fiji. I have read the FT threads but most are pretty old. We're a senior couple with a stopover in Fiji enroute to OZ Fest in May. We don't dive and the last time I went snorkeling I got an ear infection. We are flexible on the number of days. I'm Hilton Diamond if that helps. I'm not SPG Plat. Suggestions, please.
Old Dec 31, 17, 6:07 pm

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ
The Hilton on Denarau is a fine place to stay. Most of the daily cruises leave from Denarau, so it is defintely convenient. There are plenty of F&B option on Denarau also.

There are plenty of cruises that include snorkeliing but you don't have to do any, if you don't want to. A nice one is "The Whale's Tale". A sail boat that goes to a couple of different islands.

Another different day trip is to Robinson Crusoe Island. Or up Nabua River. The Orchid gardens at the Sleeping Giant is a good 1/2 day trip. The biggest tour operator in Fiji is Rosie Holidays.

The othe Hilton property is Sonasali Island. Don't bother. It is quite far from Nadi and once you are on the island you are kind of stuck. The F&B is very hit and miss.
Old Jan 2, 18, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott/BW Plat; Hilton Dia; Radisson Gold; Hertz Prez (OK, some are +1's)
Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer View Post
The Hilton on Denarau is a fine place to stay. Most of the daily cruises leave from Denarau, so it is defintely convenient. There are plenty of F&B option on Denarau also.

There are plenty of cruises that include snorkeliing but you don't have to do any, if you don't want to. A nice one is "The Whale's Tale". A sail boat that goes to a couple of different islands.

Another different day trip is to Robinson Crusoe Island. Or up Nabua River. The Orchid gardens at the Sleeping Giant is a good 1/2 day trip. The biggest tour operator in Fiji is Rosie Holidays.

The othe Hilton property is Sonasali Island. Don't bother. It is quite far from Nadi and once you are on the island you are kind of stuck. The F&B is very hit and miss.
Very helpful. Thanks. I wrote to the resort to find out Diamond benefits. Free breakfast would seal the deal.
Old Jan 3, 18, 12:19 am

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ
You are very welcome.

According to the Gold/Diamond Breakfast Wiki on the Hilton thead it is Full Breakfast in the restaurant for Diamonds.

The taxi from the airport should only be F $20 also. They will try for F $25 or more but just stick to your guns, you will find one for F $20.

And no need for tipping in Fiji. They are very used to us Aussies, so it is not mandatory.

Search this Thread