Brisbane parking question

Old Oct 31, 17, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Brisbane parking question

Have a couple of nights booked at the Four Points Brisbane - 99 Mary Street. Is there any chance of finding FREE overnight parking anywhere within walking distance of the hotel?
Old Nov 1, 17, 3:37 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
nope presuming weekday unless you are willing to get up at 6am to move the car (to where?).
Old Nov 4, 17, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Yes, there is. Not guaranteed you'll find a spot close to the hotel, but I've done it twice without issue (most recently a spot about 50 metres up the road and on the opposite side from the four points)

Paid parking starts at 7am and goes through to 6pm, and there is a limit of 2 hours in most areas.

However you can pay for parking with an app - you just enter your license plate and the number of the parking area you're in (it's on signs) in order to pay.

My original plan had been to get up at 6:59am and pay for the next few hours, but in practice I discovered you can start it the night before, and it'll just run through until you leave. So I started at (say) 8pm, told the app I was leaving when I drove away at about 8:30am, and was charged for 90 minutes without having to do anything between those two times.

Search this Thread