Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lions 2017. AKL. WRE.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Here most charge for ATM withdrawal except for own ATMs and special arrangements.
What I found was ANZ charged $3, BNZ charged zero and another ATM which I can't remember and isn't detailed on my statement also charged zero. All on withdrawals with a UK credit card
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ft101
All on withdrawals with a UK credit card
But with a credit (rather than debit) card, didn't your UK bank / credit card company start charging interest immediately, on what is in effect a cash loan?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henry999
But with a credit (rather than debit) card, didn't your UK bank / credit card company start charging interest immediately, on what is in effect a cash loan?
Yes, but for those of us in the UK, that is often the most cost efficient way of obtaining overseas currency.

The card in question does not having any fees for spending or withdrawing cash abroad, and this outweighs the minimal interest paid if you settle cash withdrawals as soon as they hit your account.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
What I found was ANZ charged $3, BNZ charged zero and another ATM which I can't remember and isn't detailed on my statement also charged zero. All on withdrawals with a UK credit card
Found the third ATM slip while unpacking. It was for an ASB ATM and no fee charged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.