Search

APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by APECnoob
Hi,
I have applied 3 weeks ago,

a few days ago, I was requested to provide more evidence of trade- (which was a little strange as I did provide a fair bit already),

Has anyone been rejected/accepted recently this year? seems the thread has gone quiet
What nationality/passport did you use for your appication?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
What nationality/passport did you use for your appication?
Australian passport and nationality applied in Australia online
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by APECnoob
Hi,
I have applied 3 weeks ago,

a few days ago, I was requested to provide more evidence of trade- (which was a little strange as I did provide a fair bit already),

Has anyone been rejected/accepted recently this year? seems the thread has gone quiet
Mate of mine applied about six months ago with no questions asked.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by stevenshev
Mate of mine applied about six months ago with no questions asked.
Was he working for an MNC/large trade company or small/medium enterprise?

As I am a director and also work in a small/medium enterprise, I am wondering if anyone has faced different challenges in applying (recently), and whats the deal with approval/rejection reasons of late
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by scorpi00n
I'm in Australia and have my own compay.
Ive been HK/China atleast once a year in the last 4 years and buy from China often.
​​​​​​
​​​
what was the result of your application? can you please shed some light on application, approval/rejection timelines and reasons etc
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:45 pm

Adding my experience for anyone looking for more recent information.

Sep 1 - Application submitted
Sep 5 - Approved by Australia
Sep 16 - Approved by last set of economies

So about two weeks from application to final approval which is a lot better than I had expected. I had separately applied for a visa for China since I'll be going there next month but it looks like I probably didn't need to.

Also, I didn't provide evidence of frequent (any) business travel to APEC economies, just a brief statement from myself about countries I expect to visit and why, plus the nomination letter from my employer.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by cainau
Adding my experience for anyone looking for more recent information.

Sep 1 - Application submitted
Sep 5 - Approved by Australia
Sep 16 - Approved by last set of economies

So about two weeks from application to final approval which is a lot better than I had expected. I had separately applied for a visa for China since I'll be going there next month but it looks like I probably didn't need to.

Also, I didn't provide evidence of frequent (any) business travel to APEC economies, just a brief statement from myself about countries I expect to visit and why, plus the nomination letter from my employer.

I ended up getting approved after resubmitting a few extra documents

If your employer is an mnc or top 500 etc in Oz, you don't need to justify your travel. The employer will do that for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.