Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport info BRISBANE (BNE) - amenities, transfers, transport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What does the $19 alcohol package include?
I think its any of the standard drinks. They seemed to have beer on tap and wine. I didn't see any spirits and I would expect champagne could be excluded. Interestingly their website doesn't mention what's available there. As I said before I wasn't bothered about not having any alcohol as my tolerance for it and flying seem to be lessening as I age!!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:29 pm

If flying with Air Canada from BNE to Vancouver in business class, are there priority lanes for security or other checkpoints that I can use ?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Bumping as have a flight through Brisbane coming up in August. Flying AKL - BNE - DXB, Qantas 737 business onto the Emirates A380 flight in F (much better deal and less time total in the air than flying AKL - DXB via KUL on the 777) . Currently Emirates are using the plaza premium lounge in BNE.

How easy is the transit process in the international terminal? Anyone know what the lounge is like? Got 3.5 hours on the ground (more like 2.5 with the current qantas delays)
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AITCNZ
Bumping as have a flight through Brisbane coming up in August. Flying AKL - BNE - DXB, Qantas 737 business onto the Emirates A380 flight in F (much better deal and less time total in the air than flying AKL - DXB via KUL on the 777) . Currently Emirates are using the plaza premium lounge in BNE.

How easy is the transit process in the international terminal? Anyone know what the lounge is like? Got 3.5 hours on the ground (more like 2.5 with the current Qantas delays)
Is this all on 1 PNR/ticket?

The AU DPD is required if transiting AU. But check if still required in August
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid19
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid...er-declaration
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Is this all on 1 PNR/ticket?

The AU DPD is required if transiting AU. But check if still required in August
Yes, all booked through emirates so bags will be checked through. I wanted to break it up a bit more as the routing from AKL to DXB is not ideal with that stopover in KUL so chose this route. Also several thousand dollars cheaper.

Aware of the DPD, found it very easy to use (flying to gold coast next week for a holiday)
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Transit BNE to CNS ?

We are booked to fly SFO to BNE via AKL : United to AKL and then Air New Zealand to BNE. From there, we would get a separate ticket on to CNS, our final destination.
I think its easier to transit through Brisbane airport than SYD? We are saving several thousand dollars using this routing, and I would like to avoid the inter terminal buses....We've been through
SYD many times before.
What is the airport like? I would expect all one facility. It does add an extra leg, but ease of transit would be a plus.

I don't think Air NewZealand has a non-stop flight to CNS that would connect in time
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BNE also has international to domestic land side bus. But far less hassle than SYD
https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/to-...inal-transfers
For several thousand dollars less worth the effort.

With *separate* tickets allow plenty of time for I to D transfer. Then some more time as safety margin.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:24 pm

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
We routinely make the I to D transition to CNS on our way to Port Douglas. The bus connection is much better than SYD and much less crowded especially when hauling bags.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
BNE International to Domestic transit time?

I have a round trip award on AC to BNE coming up this week.

I have purchased a separate Virgin Australian ticket on the same morning as my YVR-BNE arrival, due at 06:40 and the Virgin Australian flight from BNE to SYD at 10:05.

I hope over 3 hours is enough time to enter immigration and then transit from the International terminal of the AC flight to the Domestic Terminal for VA?

How far are the terminals apart? I noticed they're separate stops on the AirTrain service so maybe not as walkable?

I will have to reclaim a large suitcase and roll it as well as my carry-on.

I assume there's some kind of bus service between the terminals?

The other thing I was hoping to do was to pick up a SIM card and I see the there's a Coles Express at the airport or near the airport but maybe not reachable once I check in my luggage for the domestic Virgin Air flight.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the AC flight is about on time you should be OK

BNE airport web site terminal transfer-->https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/to-...inal-transfers
Brisbane Airport operates a complimentary Terminal Transfer Bus Service between the Domestic and International Terminals.
Hours of operation
Every day from 4:00am - 1:30am
The bus service runs every 15 minutes.
Approximate journey time - 5 minutes.
Expect will be telco sellers in the international arrival hall
Note you have to provide ID to get a SIM card in AU.
Prepaid SIM (Data or Voice) - Australia
Sim Card in Australia

Edit
May be better deals off airport
https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/sho.../listing/optus

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Oct 31, 2022 at 7:34 pm
Old Oct 31, 2022, 7:22 pm

Thanks, I would figure there was a bus service of some kind.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:11 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by frappant
noticed they're separate stops on the AirTrain service so maybe not as walkable?
With two suitcases, it's basically unwalkable unless you want to completely damage the wheels and arrive soaked (in sweat or rain). I did it with a backpack and kept getting lost even with my phone map out, I think it took about 35 minutes.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
It's about a 2.5 km walk. I haven't done it, but I don't think the airport was built with the intention that anyone walks between these terminals.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:48 am

Yeah I figured the SIM card deals at the airport wouldn't be that attractive. Just thought with some time between flights, if it was convenient, might be worth it.

I can wait.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 1:01 am

What are the lounge options for departing on a AC business class ticket? Also Star Alliance Gold.

I see older reviews of Air New Zealand and Singapore lounges in the International terminal.

One from last year is that the NZ lounge opened up but only for people flying in the Oceanic bubble at the time -- New Zealand and Australia but not elsewhere. Singapore lounge was closed at that time.

Have both re-opened for all Star Alliance business-class ticket holders or for Star Alliance Gold?

Any opinions on either?

My flight is 10:45 departure. Air Canada says be at the airport 4 hours before departure. Well I may be able to make that but it will probably be more like 3-3.5 hours for me.

So a couple of hours to wait after checking in.

Maybe food differences wouldn't be that great early in the morning?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.