Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moorea with young children vs another destination?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Moorea with young children vs another destination?

I wanted to get people's opinions on Moorea vs another destination for traveling with two young children. I am looking at planning a trip in a year and a half when they are three and five with them and my wife.

I currently have 500,000 american airlines miles and am looking at point earning strategies the next year depending on where we go. Trip could be up to 3 weeks. I'm somewhat price sensitive would like to spend no more re than $5,000 or so out of pocket so 4 tickets to bora bora at $2000 in addition to miles would a significant cost and we would likely stay in Moorea. They have been to Maui and had a great time.

Other places I 'm consider are SE Asia particularly as star points can go far their. Currently low balance of star points and probably could get 50,000 or so with concentrating a spend in next 1.5 years. From reading about air Tahiti nui looks like only 2 business classes awards per flight so would be coach. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: HH, AA
We went last year when our son just turned 10. We occasionally travel with friends that have children similar ages to yours and discussed that we would have been very nervous at the idea of them in the OWB. We've gone to the Big Island a dozen plus times and decided that would be a better idea for a group trip until their kids are older.

Love Moorea and will go back some day. Is this a once in a life time trip? If so I'd wait. If not then plan on taking them back when they are old enough to remember it.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 5:02 am

A somewhat cheaper option than French Polynesia is Fiji. Yes it's further from USA but it's completely geared towards kids and they will absolutely love the place and the people, so much for them to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.