Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney for New Years Hotel Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

I am planning to take my wife to Sydney on New Year's eve with but it appears that most of the hotels in the central area has been booked full or not showing availability online. Can anyone recommend any other nicer/safe areas to stay at? We will only be in sydney for 1-2 nights and would need to get back to the hotel late night.

Last edited by jasonz9238; Feb 3, 2013 at 6:11 pm
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Most of the hotels in the CBD will have minimum stay requirements which might be why you can't see them as showing availability if you're only looking to book 1-2 nights.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:24 pm

As noted above, most decent hotels in Sydney will have a min 3 night stay for any reservations that include 31/12 (FS, IC etc.).

A room with a good view of the harbour may even require 4-5 nights minimum booking.

What I noticed though is towards the actual NYE date each year, these restrictions will be lifted if the hotel still has space left. So in such cases (we are talking really close to NYE so say a week or two to go), you might be able to score a room, still at ridiculous costs, but for 1-2 nights only.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The Radisson Blu CBD can still be booked, even for a few nights...... quite a nice hotel, but the rates do go up on NYE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.