Rarotonga Driving Permit

Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Rarotonga Driving Permit

I know I have to get a local license in order to drive on the cook islands. I was hoping to rent a car for one weekend, so am I able to get the license issued on Saturday (or Sunday) mornings? From what I read online you do it at the police station between 8am-3pm, but do they offer this service on the weekend?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by SirJman
I know I have to get a local license in order to drive on the cook islands. I was hoping to rent a car for one weekend, so am I able to get the license issued on Saturday (or Sunday) mornings? From what I read online you do it at the police station between 8am-3pm, but do they offer this service on the weekend?
I've been living here in Rarotonga for the last few weeks as an American Expatriate Wannabe but you can get your Cook Islands Drivers License in Avarua Mondays through Saturdays and it costs $20...I am unsure about Sundays because most shops close so it depends.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 1:57 pm

international drivers license

will that work in Rarotonga or do you need theirs.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by mudley
will that work in Rarotonga or do you need theirs.
Nope you need a Cook Islands Drivers License...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.