Gifts for People in Australia

Old Sep 18, 22, 4:19 pm

Based on that information it should be fine. It is gelled with sugar and pectin. The information on their site also makes it seem that the bread would be fine. I would just prefer to ask someone directly and get a pat answer.
Old Sep 18, 22, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by tthrun View Post
Do you know what email address you sent it to? I can't find one anywhere and am heading to Sydney in three days. I want to bring homemade strawberry jam and banana bread with me.
Thank you.
The post of mine you quoted was from 12 years ago. But amazingly I found the message I sent. I was directed by the folks at customs.gov.au to the Australian Quarantine and Inspectin Service (AQIS) whose web site was at www.aqis.gov.au. Their email address at that time was pr at aqis.gov.au ... the web site doesn't seem to work at present because that department was absorbed into the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources which in 2019 became the Department of Agriculture. That, it seems, has become the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment, which itself was dissolved in July 2022.

I'd start a search for this topic with the Australian Border Force, here. Good luck!

Last edited by Xyzzy; Sep 18, 22 at 4:48 pm
Old Sep 18, 22, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by tthrun View Post
Based on that information it should be fine. It is gelled with sugar and pectin. The information on their site also makes it seem that the bread would be fine. I would just prefer to ask someone directly and get a pat answer.
They both should be OK.

Search this Thread